Do rad grenades stack

ZONKEY

Can we get a little more of an explanation, Chaplain Lucifer?

The exact words are "in a turn in which a unit equipped with rad grenades launches an assault or is themselves assaulted, the enemy unit(s) suffer a -1 penalty to their toughness until the end of the assault phase." So I would have to say, that by that wording, as long as separate units equipped with rad grenades are charging into the same enemy unit (or an enemy is multi-charging two rad grenade equipped units), that yes they would stack. But only for that one assault phase.

I'm away from my codex now but I believe the rule says "...unit hit by one or more rad grenades...", in which case two or three grenades have as much effect as one.

I'm away from my codex now but I believe the rule says "...unit hit by one or more rad grenades...", in which case two or three grenades have as much effect as one.

Precisely that. Since the wording says the quoted above doesn't matter how many rad grenades you fire at the unit it won't stack.

I don't mean to cause controversy, but Cactus even mentions he isn't looking at his book right at that moment, while I have it open in front of me. As long as it doesn't cause problems to directly quote a portion of a rule, Betrayal reads:

"during a turn in which a unit equipped with rad grenades launches an assault or is themselves assaulted, the enemy unit(s) suffer a -1 penalty to their toughness until the end of the assault phase. Note: this does effect the victims' instant death thresholds."

The entire reason behind debating it in the first place, is that Betrayal does not contain the phrase "one or more" anywhere in the description for rad grenades or rad weapons in general. 

What is this Betrayal book? Because i'm seeing the DA book and DA rad grenades do not stack. There's no rad grenades in main rulebook and the only ones I know are in DA book. Rad grenades in other books amy function differently but rad grenades on DA Codex don't stak. Just like the DA storm shields were 4+ inv against shooting as all others were 3+ inv against everything before an update.

And the purpose of this "debate" is because the OP asked in the DA forum if Rad grenades stack ... he didn't post it in the HH section so we assume he means the ones from the DA book fired from the RW Grenade launcher or similar smile.png

Nice updates - I was curious myself following my failure to find the quote from Cactus', but as we are in the DA specific forums, then I guess it's 40k ruling time, silly me biggrin.png

Lesson learnt: Rad Grenades, whilst included in both 30k and 40k, are different in their rules.

I know that grey knights have rad grenades of some kind also and they are used at the start of close combat (before int 10 happens) but I still don't think they stack with DA rad grenades.

I know that grey knights have rad grenades of some kind also and they are used at the start of close combat (before int 10 happens) but I still don't think they stack with DA rad grenades.

I am told that they (and the inquisitorial rad grenades) do stack but have not read the rules actual wording for myself.  I intend to...   soon...

Archived