Melee Company Master

Dafoo

I know this is a Vanilla Marines thing usually. But what about this? Lightning Claw, Power Fist, Teleporty Invuln, Artificer Armor, Dorns Arrow Spin Off Bolter? I don't have the book in front of me. So it was just a thought at work.

When I go melee, I use artificer armour, storm shield, Mace of redemption and occasionally a jump pack, and have him jump around with some marines.

Or I kit him with the same weapons but in TDA and throw him with a unit of DW knights, or assault kited termies, and maybe throw them in a crusader or redeemer.

TDA + Mace of Redemption + SS or PS depending if you want an extra Attack or 3++...

Put him with DWK in a LRC...

This is the best way to do a melee master...

There is also the option For a JP master but this forces you to get an Assault Squad to follow him and Assault squads in DA armies are bland and they steal FA slots to bikes and LS...

my2cents

I'm not sure the displacer field is worth it either. He already has a 4++ from his iron halo, is the point cost really worth it to make it a 3++?

Well, all the copy/paste vanilla bandwagon lists include a chapter master/captain with bike TH and Storm shield...

Seems that despite a T5 and a 4++ he already has, people find it valuable to give him a 3++

I'm not sure the displacer field is worth it either. He already has a 4++ from his iron halo, is the point cost really worth it to make it a 3++?

I agree; especially if he is with your DWK's granting him T5 too. And is he any better than using an IC...? There was a thread on this before, but I'm not able to link to it ATM. The search function should return it though, or someone with more time could kindly link it :)

I think that the Master is a good melee character but he is the only IC in DA codex that isn't a Force multiplier...

Chaplains have zealot, Librarians have divination, Azrael, Sammael and Belial unlocks RW, DW or both as troops and even the humble techmarine is useful to keep alive Your LRC with DWK inside (and if you use FW relic veichles unlocks the Second veichle by type)...

In the past codex one good thing was rites of Battle (LD10 stubborn marines was nasty) but now this is just Azrael special rule...

This is why i rarely Field a master... And i LOVE the Balthasar miniature from DV...

Archived