Iron Warriors colour scheme questions

teblin

Just looking for a little clarification.

Are the shoulder pads both black, or just the pad bearing the symbol?

How are the backpacks painted? I can't find many pics of the back of an IW. The vents seem to be gold, but the rest of the backpack I can't see.

Eye lens colour?

Soft armour colour? (The rings of metal in the joints)

Is the trim a dull gold/bronze, or a brighter gold (like Ultras 2nd company)?

Thanks guys.

I dont think they have a uniform scheme.  Use your own judgement on the metal/black shoulder background.  Hazard stripes go wherever; be it opposite shoulder, a leg, a weapon, etc.  I go with washed gunmetal all around, and washed bronze for trim.  Light blue eyes.

As with everything, there are no strict laws as to how to paint your models. Paint them the way you think is best, but I shall answer some of your queries with how I approached my IW.

1 Are the shoulder pads both black, or just the pad bearing the symbol?
Shoulder pads are generally black, unless they are boltgun, yellow, or chevroned.

2 How are the backpacks painted? I can't find many pics of the back of an IW. The vents seem to be gold, but the rest of the backpack I can't see.
Generally the same colour as the rest of the armour. Mine are that colour, with black piping and gold detailing.

3 Eye lens colour?
Mine are red, they can be blue, or any other colour, depending on what you prefer.

4 Soft armour colour? (The rings of metal in the joints)
I generally paint this black on models, and silver on black models. Silver soft armour on a silver model may look like it is unfinished.

5 Is the trim a dull gold/bronze, or a brighter gold (like Ultras 2nd company)?

Whatever you choose. My first IW were very bright, boltgun with burnished gold trim. As the army has grown, they have gotten darker, and Im thinking of doing the next lot with baltasar gold trim, highlights of shining.

I paint my IWs similar to the way Xenith stated above. Again my soft armour is black, and the eyes are usually blue. I paint my gold a little bit toward the bright side, but its all up to what you think looks best.

Well, I went for ostentatious IW, so bling is the keyword here, bright silver armour, bright gold trims, fancy clean Hazard Stripes and Warlock Purple lenses and pipes. Backpacks same thing, gunmetal with gold finish and purple pipes.

I hardly used black because I've already got two black-heavy armies, so there you have it. whistling.gif

But as stated before, there's no Codex Astartes telling the IW how to colour code their armour for your (and your enemies') convenience. Freedom is the main reason we chose Chaos, right? teehee.gif

Archived