Terminator load-outs - what's best nowadays?

Gillyfish

Well, if you're following my list to a tee, you can be DWAing inside the enemy deployment zone (with two squads) scatter-free on turn two, and charging/runnin in with the two mounted squads...and driving in with the two tanks and the bike, lol, getting 1850 points into his deployment zone on turn two...That's if you're all-out-agro, moving 18" on turn one and DWAing 6" in front of the tank that has Belial inside...but I usually take it a little slower and meet the enemy halfway for a rumble in the mid-field.  Since I got back to the USA and a much tougher metagame, I'm 2-2 with the list, and none of the four games were close.  In my two wins, I left two enemy models on the table both times, in both cases including a flier.  In the two losses, I was tabled, once on turn 4 and once on turn 6...I'm stunned that you had a draw with a list as unbalanced as mine...it should be feast or famine!

Magnets!

Most of my termies are magnetised so that I can swap weapons as required.

What he says :)

I have magnetised all my termi arms to allow any weapons loadouts I could possibly wish for. It can be a little fiddly till you get the hang of it but when you get 5 sets of both TH/SS and LCs in the assault termi box it is a shame to not use them all.

As for which ones to use I cannot really add to the advice already given.

Thanks Elmo (and Seleucus for that matter). I have considered magnets in the past but I haven't actually tried using them yet - too nervous of ruining the models I suppose! I assume I would also need a dremel to make enough space to insert the magnets?

I use 5mm diameter by.5mm thick magnets on mine, tu literally just shave of the little attachment lump on the body and stick them on. They end up looking like the joins between the plates and you can paint the edges to match if you don't like them shiny. Take another peek at mine, they are relatively seamless.

Hope that helps.

biggrin.png s

I just made squad of 5 termies with all weapon options magnetised. I use 3mm magnets inside torso and arms, All I had to do is to get 3mm drill and make 2mm holes inside plastic parts

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/Larhendiel/Warhammer/DSC03268_zps5f9949e9.jpg

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/Larhendiel/Warhammer/DSC03269_zps2c8d3363.jpg

awesome! I cringe at the thought of doing that, though. It does maximize the flexibility of a limited number of terminators, but who wants just 10-20 terminators! Instead of 3x as many arm pairs (more, including the other special weapons), how about 3x as many terminators, instead? Muahahaha! Actually, even then, magnetizing the heavy weapon terminators makes sense...

Thanks Elmo (and Seleucus for that matter). I have considered magnets in the past but I haven't actually tried using them yet - too nervous of ruining the models I suppose! I assume I would also need a dremel to make enough space to insert the magnets?

Never use a dremel for this - too much lack of control.

A simple pin vice will do fine if you stick to plastic or resin models.

Archived