questions on sgt Naamaan

Pyro X

I've been  collecting models so I can do the 10th company, so I picked up a Naamaan on ebay. Does anyone know some of his back story or anything? also I thought it was funny I got him still in the box and the back had a price tag of $8.00 I thought it was kinda funny how much costs have gone up.

I recommend reading The Purging of Kadillus, Naaman plays a big role in there if you're interested and I quite enjoyed that novel. Summed up he's a badass and as far as I'm concerned a very cool character. For the ones that haven't read the novel I won't spoil too much on what happens (I bet you can google that easily if you're interested).

Namaan appears in the Space Marne Battles book - The Purging of Kallidus which itself was based on an older campaign by Gw called Storm of Vengeance. Picking up the book from BL should fill you in. He also makes a cameo in the recent Pandorax book IIRC.

He is indeed dead. During the Piscina campaign it was Namaan and his squad who discovered the source of the ork reinforcements. Ijn this instance they were using teleporters to transfer orks from their space hulk to the planet's surface - something the Dark Angel command was unaware of until this point. Namaan died after the Deathwing destroyed the site and teleported out - leaving him and his squad to face the rest of the defenders alone in a lauded last stand.

Hope that helps

Pyro you need to get hold of an old 3rd Edition DA Codex if you can. Have a look at his old rules.

Currently he is 'supposed' to be dead - but you never know.

Cheers

I

Also, the one who died on Piscina is not the first (nor the last?) Dark Angel named Naaman....  I believe that is stated in the Purging of Kadillus...

Yep I also remember readin that, I believe they say something like his organs/geneseed will be retrieved and the one who receives them will also be the new/next Naaman

Archived