Mawloc into Close Combat

Ushtarador

Hey guys, a Tyranid-related question for the rules lawyers!

Is it possible to deepstrike a Mawloc into an ongoing close combat (providing it touches only enemy models) and kill stuff that's in cc? In fact, is it possible to deepstrike on top of your own models, thus eating them in the process?

Cheers, Ushtarador

Yes, you can do it.

When arriving from Deep Strike Reserve, a Mawloc can choose to Deep Strike onto a point occupied by another model (friend or foe)

You are however likely to end up with a Mishap as you need to kill everything under the blast marker (with 2 attempts) in order to place the model. If not, you mishap (which is not necessarily a bad thing for the Mawloc).

Yep. I would think though the Mawloc would have to be placed adjacent to the combat and if he deviates into it, then the dice start rolling the pain. I don't know if the rules allow for a mawloc to be placed to delivberately come up underneath a friendly (tyranid) unit.

Yep. I would think though the Mawloc would have to be placed adjacent to the combat and if he deviates into it, then the dice start rolling the pain. I don't know if the rules allow for a mawloc to be placed to delivberately come up underneath a friendly (tyranid) unit.

It does say specifically "friend of foe." 

Archived