Few BA rules related questions

BloodTzar

Hello brothers,

I guess,I am getting bit rusty with the 6th ed rules. Therefore I have to ask about few rules clarification.

First of all, when do I combat squad a 10 man RAS unit; before deployment ?(like tacticals etc.) or after they drop down (like DP)  ?

Second, SR shooting on flyer means if it wants to shoot on ground it hits everything on 6's right?

Third, blood lance out of rhino hatch? (Guy I have played used psyker squad shooting from the chimera hatch) 

Thank you much for the clarification.

~BT

1. You do it as the squads deploy, as in the moment they re placed on the table. So if you drop pod them in on turn three that's when you decide.

That is wrong.

You combat squad before deployment, as combat squaded units count as seperate units for the purposes of maximum units in reserve. However, combat squaded units can still use the same drop pod to deploy independently on touchdown.

1. You do it as the squads deploy, as in the moment they re placed on the table. So if you drop pod them in on turn three that's when you decide.

That is wrong.

You combat squad before deployment, as combat squaded units count as seperate units for the purposes of maximum units in reserve. However, combat squaded units can still use the same drop pod to deploy independently on touchdown.

Sorry, don't see how I'm wrong

BA Codex page 23:

"The decision to split the unit into combat squads, as well as which models go into each combat squad, must be made when the unit is deployed. Both squads can be deployed in separate locations. The one exception to this is a unit that arrives via drop pod - the player can choose to split the unit into combat squads when it disembarks"

Ergo,you decide as you deploy the units whether they split into combat squads, which is all I said. Using the Reserve rule delays the deployment process, and so you get to decide later on whether to split the squad or not. I also cannot see any reference in the rule book to a maximum number of units that can be held in reserve.

Toomany:

ERRATA
Page 23 – Combat Squads.
Replace with:
A ten-man unit with this special rule can break down into two
five-man units, called combat squads.
You must decide which units are splitting into combat squads,
and which models go into each combat squad, immediately
before deployment. A unit split into combat squads therefore
is now two separate units for all game purposes including
calculating the total number of units in the army, and the
number of units you can place in reserve. Then proceed with
deployment as normal. Note that two combat squads split from
the same unit can embark in the same transport vehicle,
providing its transport capacity allows.
Once you have decided whether or not to split a unit into
combat squads, it must remain that way for the entire battle. It
cannot split up or join back together later on in the battle, nor
can you use a redeployment to split up a unit or join it back
together

and Reserve prep is on page 124 "Preparing Resereves"

But don't the squads hold off on deployment until they arrive from reserves? Therefore you can Combat Squad them as they arrive?

I guess that could be open to argument at a push.

However since it doesnt refer to the "units deployment", but rather deployment as a general, I would say its less likely the former (unit deployment). 

"You must decide which units are splitting into combat squads,
and which models go into each combat squad, immediately
before deployment."

Archived