Eternal Warrior question.

rcooper890

...whether EW would help him against taudar isn't really the question, although you are correct in suggesting that he's asking a question unrelated to his tabletop woes.  The question is why we don't get more EW.  I guess it comes down to balance, really.  Belial really needs it...but think about it.  How OP would he then be with I5, WS5, master crafted, and fleshbane?  He already has the potential to do unspeakable things to TMCs, and the fact that they have to smash to have any chance of hurting him really goes a long way.  3 smashes against him yields 3/2 hits, 15/12 wounds, 15/24 (5/8, barely over 50%) instakills.  Belial in single combat with a FLIPPING TRYGON has no reasonable expectation of coming out on top, and yet he basically has a 50% chance to do so, because he statistically finishes the beast off in the second round of melee, before it gets its attacks.  And if he has  a squad along to help, even if the trygon challenges, the five cheerleaders afford him a single reroll, which of course is reserved for his 4+ invulnerable save.  With EW, he would be a one man army like the iron hands chapter master, only with the benefits of making DW troops, scatter-free DS, telehomer, DWA, vengeance strike, etc....for cheaper!

He's kind of a beast as it is, whether you give him a storm shield or the sword...(3++ and EW is not cool!)  I still think he should have EW, but not for 190 points.  More like 230.

Archived