Help me choose how to outfit my Bike Squad

appiah4

Bikes.  I love them, I want them.  I want them in Red, all Blood Angels.

And I now have 6 Bikes to build and paint.  Two packs of Dark Vengeance bikes, that's 2 sergeants with chainswords and robes, 2 marines with plasmaguns and 2 marines with bolt pistols.

I can't decide what to do with them.  I'm kind of leaning towards keeping them with the plasmaguns and even giving the sergeant a combi plasma as well.  In that case, what do I do with the second Sergeant?  Convert into a Priest? Chaplain? Librarian?

Or what else?

Completely open to suggestions

For the record, the rest of my force is mostly infantry: Shooty scouts, Tacticals, Bolter DC, Missile Devs, shooty terminators and shooty Dreadnoughts.  I'll later be expanding with Drop Pods and Some AV13 (probably 2 Baals).

Combi-plasma is cheaper but it depends on how often you feel you need to fire your plasma weaponry. Are you going to toss in an Attack Bike? I would certainly consider a Priest and/or Librarian but I'm sure you're aware that this will start to eat up points...

How do you plan on using them with the rest of your force?

I'm more or less decided on the following:

Sergeant with Meltabombs

2x Plasmagun

2x Bolt Pistol

I plan to use it as a fluffly mobile High S Low AP fire support.

Priest would allow me to buff the rest of my infantry with FNP wherever necessary and give me more confidence to charge and tie up something..  But what do I arm him with, if anything?  His WS5 makes a Plasma Pistol & Power Axe very tempting; but then he comes in at a whopping 115 for a W1 model.  Tough call.  Your call?  I'm inclined towards just a single Power Axe or Plasma Pistol..

Librarian would allow me to greatly boost shooting if I go for divination, or increased durability (Shield of Sanguinus) and the lol-worthy Fear of the Darkness to scare off and chase down enemies here and there if I go codex..  Which would be fun, but I'm not sure if it would be exactly worth it.

Unfortunately I own no Attack Bikes but I can add a Multi-Melta bike later on.

Archived