Finished Hellfire Pattern Dreadnought

appiah4

Shamelessly crossposting this badboy from Hall of Honor because nobody over there seems to give a damn (and I'm kind of proud of how he turned out.)

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8363/gallery_60983_8363_108494.jpg

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8363/gallery_60983_8363_48183.jpg

Sarcophagus blank because name is undecided.. C&C welcome smile.png

I have noticed that too, but I think it takes times for stuff to get interest over there.

Is that the varnish that makes it look "wet"? It makes all the metal look well oiled! (Not a criticism at all.)

Also, how do you find it performs? I used to use that spec but I dropped it down to Assault Cannon and Missile Launcher now.

With that clean look you shouldn't go overboard on the iconography. You should definitely look into doing some realistic weathering. Like bluing the exhausts and barrels. Give the feet a very slight dusting and perhaps a discreet pinwash on the metals in a few places.

• 2 weeks later...

TLLC+ML combo is called a hellfire dreadnought? Ive had one for ages actually and it performs very one sided for me. It either blasts my opponent back to the stone age or fails to even kill a grot. More games of the former mind but I dont wield him much anymore :(

I agree with the guys who said add some more icongraphy to him :) A dreadnought is a walking alter of death and one with a history as well! Only fair to the model and the fluff to show that ;) besides, it makes the model look more badass! pirate.gif

Archived