Loadout for MoN Melta Bike Squad?

Kilofix

If you run a Bike squad with Mark of Nurgle and 2 Meltas, what do you equip the Champion with? And, do you ever run more than 3 in a squad (as opposed to a second squad)?

I only run 3 per squad and I've been equipping my Champion with close combat weapons in case they need to Assault but just wondering what others have been doing.

Personally I have a unit of 5 with Combi-melta & Power Fist on the Champion and 2 Meltaguns.

- The Powerfist is left over from 5th edition so needs switching for a CCW and Melta Bombs (when I can be bothered to convert him)

- The two extra bodies are there to ensure that, if I do lose a model or two, that the unit remains useful. 

(The expendable models always go out in front)

I've run them in a couple of games, and they usually make their points back or provide enough of a headache for my opponent that they justify their inclusion.

Bikes aren't generally best placed in combat, their toughness and limited number of attacks turns them into a roadblock, but they won't achieve much else.  Hit and Run changes that, but Chaos Bikers don't have access to it.  They are generally better placed shooting at vulnerable targets.

If your taking less then 4 and an hq then the mon is not needed and the power ax won't help them . at all other times if there are spare points , the champion should have a power ax . One of the few champions in our codex where it is actualy not bad to buy a melee upgrade.

Archived