Blood Angel Lore

RenderDead

Whenever I read into my beloved Blood Angel history it just breaks my heart what this chapter endured.  To know without our primarch's skill in combat to leave an opportunity for the Emperor to beat the traitor Horus, all would have been lost.  To know our chapter is a dying, is bitter sweet.  I can not wait to see the glory of our Sanguinius depicted on a model at the end of the Horus Heresy series.  That will be a 100% included model in my BA collection.

I absolutely agree with you, I think the Founding Legions/Chapters enduring an incredible war, suffered a worse one with their own brothers, and while certain ones have very tragic losses and events, I feel that ours is one that has constantly fought for its purity and survival within and without. While other legions turned for petty, or great reasons I think Sanguinius and his own had the most easy path to Chaos and bloodshed but didn't and that is true strength. 

I just know that when reading the Battle of Terra when it finally comes, will be one of the hardest for me to see those final epic, and then tragic moments of our lost Angel's life. His model I pray will be every bit as regal, brilliant, and awe-inspiring as he is described. Cheers to this post of yours, Brother Render, a needed topic for me at least. Be well. 

Absolutely, one of my favorite pieces from our book is the part talking about Horus knowing there was a purity of spirit in Sanguinius that he could never match, and a oneness with the Emperor that no other primarch could have.  And Sanguinius was hated and feared the most by Horus.

Archived