Blood Angels Assault Squads

Butters

Sorry, if this was discussed somewhere, but does Inquisitor's servo-skull further reduce scatter distance? DoA already makes BA jump pack units quite precise at deep striking, but assault squads arriving without scatter at all would be even great.

Not sure if it was discussed elsewhere, but I have mentioned it a couple of times in my latest fave list! Pulled it a vpuple of times in local tourni. Such fun if you send in assault marines with 2 melta guns and upgrade the Sgt to infernus pistol gunslinger- they wreck most vehicles as soon as they arrive!

Give your =][= prescience and a conversion beamer too, then only 1 D6 for scatter by the skulls, and 're roll if you miss anyhow!

Btw: if you have a liby or (rune priest and jump pack) deep striking with assault squad, can you cast prescience on arrival?

I dont think you can catn any physic powers on the same turn as a deep strike or maybe its just witchfire ones. I cant really remember.   I always play with the board being 6' x 4'  and we play the long away.  But yes you could march your land raider forward. in fact there are some great chapter master combos with OB and then boarding and then driving and stuff, but it doesnt have the same dramatic effect.  I think that is the point of deepstrike.  It changes board presence and makes your opponents completely rethink his/her strategy.  If everything is on the board they can pretty much know whats gonna happen and plan for it.  When things come in midgame it changes the whole thing.

You are right about the squad though it does seem a waste so after thinking about it why not just deep stike TWO LAND RAIDERS!!!! its only 50 pts more, and twice as scary. 

Prescience (or any other Blessing, Conjuration or Malediction) occur at the start of the movement phase before any moves take place. Whilst you can roll for your reserves at this point the moment they appear on the table your movement phase has begun and you have lost the chance to cast anymore of the above. In short, these can not be cast the turn you arrive from reserves.

Anything else i.e the varieties of Witchfire powers or the majority of our Codex powers can be cast on the player/game turn you arrive from reserve.

yes they do but the first half arrive before anything happens at the start of your turn.  I guess its a question of phases.  

so its:

your turn

movement phase

shooting phase

assault phase

Don't the first turn drop pods occur before the movement phase technically begins?

yes they do but the first half arrive before anything happens at the start of your turn.  I guess its a question of phases.  

so its:

your turn

movement phase

shooting phase

assault phase

Don't the first turn drop pods occur before the movement phase technically begins?

Read the Arriving by Deep Strike section in the BRB it explains the relationship between deep strike and movement phase.

Archived