Imperial Knight Titans WIP (Terra class)

Jamming_1

I have just finished reading Mechanicum and I want to build a 40k version of an Imperial Knight (IK). I have looked at the original epic models plus a few one off conversions but my idea is to make about three lances of IK. So I thought this would be a good place to keep track of my project.

I have a war hound Titan which I've been looking at to get a feel for the style and possible design that my IK will have to take on. For the prototype I'm going to carve the segments out of resin and green stuff until I'm happy with the design overall then I might make it a die cast metal model but that is just a thought.

Feel free to drop any hints or tips, even if you want to just add a comment that's fine. I have already downloaded and read the liber mortis and read about the IK, it has inspired me.

Ahhhhh, maybe check the Rumour thread.....Knight Titans are in next week's White Dwarf.....

Having said that, they're £110, so maybe scratch building is the way to go, I know I'd still like to see it.

Cheers,

Jono

£110 eh? let's just have a look at what that is in Aus dolla- $203! :cuss my black dog D: that's insane!

Awesome, some people don't like it when when you scratch build your own models, i personally think its awesome! I may have to make a Knight or two myself after i finish my Reaver Titan. You know, he needs some bodyguards after all.

I was thinking the same thing with my war hound, sure he looks impressive amongst my space marines but I need something in between to make the Titan really look the part. Lower torso done and I'm currently working on the armour for the head

Awesome, some people don't like it when when you scratch build your own models, i personally think its awesome! I may have to make a Knight or two myself after i finish my Reaver Titan. You know, he needs some bodyguards after all.

The ire of the jealous, untalented and lazy is nothing to take notice of. From my experiences it's always the people who can't even be bothered to fully assemble their own infantry let alone actually paint anything.

If the Imperial Knight model is matched to the price of the baneblade/lord of skulls I may end up picking up 2 or 3 over the coming months and scratch build the rest, I've been waiting for the chance to have genuine Imperial Knight rules to be able to field a household in apocalypse. People here are always iffy about homebrew rules in apocalypse, which is frankly stupid because it's goddamn apocalypse, you're removing models by the dustpan full for crying out loud.

Archived