Monstrous Creatures in terrain

bjoluemblem

This came up the other day as I was running a daemon prince. No wings (ascended from a challenge) and he was charging into difficult terrain. Does he ignore terrain effects, or does he have to take difficult terrain checks while charging? I'm pretty sure he would as he doesn't have jump MC rules, just need a clarification. Anyone have an answer?

This came up the other day as I was running a daemon prince. No wings (ascended from a challenge) and he was charging into difficult terrain. Does he ignore terrain effects, or does he have to take difficult terrain checks while charging? I'm pretty sure he would as he doesn't have jump MC rules, just need a clarification. Anyone have an answer?

See "Move Through Cover" on page 40.

He automatically passes any dangerous terrain test but is limited to 2d6 on charge range and attacks at I1 like anyone else.

I think you mean 3D6 lose the highest result, not 2D6 if he's charging into cover.

The Initiative 1 penalty is correct though.

- - - - -

Move Through Cover has 2 effects:

- Automatically pass dangerous terrain checks (works all the time, and is great if you want to jump off a tall ruin/building ;) )

- Roll an extra D6 when determining difficult terrain movement (only applies in the movement phase).

It has no effect on charge range sad.png

The final sentence of the rule: "The Move Through Cover special rule has no effect on charge range rolls or Impact tests"

One of the more "whut?" rules of the Adepta Sosoritas codex is the Command Squads act of faith gives them Fleet, Crusader and Move Through Cover. The act can only be used in a their Assault phase. So what's the point of Crusader or Move Through Cover? Weirdness.

"Crusader "  gives you +d3 to your sweeping advance roll in assaults.  (black templars ho!)

Move through cover allows them to assault into a boiling pool of lava, and not have to take a dangerous terrain test...which IMO should force an immediate fear check if a bunch of angry glowy sisters charge through lava to hit you in close combat.

It's actually pretty fluffy if you think about it.  The faith protects them and allows them to deliver the emperors justice.

It has no effect on charge range sad.png

The final sentence of the rule: "The Move Through Cover special rule has no effect on charge range rolls or Impact tests"

One of the more "whut?" rules of the Adepta Sosoritas codex is the Command Squads act of faith gives them Fleet, Crusader and Move Through Cover. The act can only be used in a their Assault phase. So what's the point of Crusader or Move Through Cover? Weirdness.

Charging through terrain is always 3d6 drop highest. 2d6 is only if your not charging through cover.

Archived