Minx Studio - Carcharadon/Deathwatch Chapter Master

Minx

That was attitude in response to attitude, and with the exception of that one comment, all of my responses to any of your posts have been to praise your work.

I didnt reply with attitude, I simply requested that you referred to the giant bold text at the top of the original post asking people not to discuss the assembly since we didnt do it and had no control over it.

@Metic, We love doing these projects, they are our favourite, spending time on a single character and doing it up fancy, we always exceed the quote in terms of quality :P 

@Honda, We are doing it up for a competition, so the paint job is gonna be sweet! Have some cool ideas in mind that will be tricky to pull off, but should be interesting :)

@Morningshadow, it started as a commission half sculpt, the guy wanted to paint it himself but then decided after seeing the head that maybe we should do it haha so now we are doing it as a commission but also taking it further for fun and our own enjoyment!

I actually really like the Sharks head! 

I can see what people mean about it being Organic, though. And just the jaws would have been cool too. 

I doubt you'll want to change it, but using a shark's skull could look awesome?

http://www.elasmo-research.org/education/evolution/evol-image/skull_meg-ws.gif

I actually really like the Sharks head! 

I can see what people mean about it being Organic, though. And just the jaws would have been cool too. 

I doubt you'll want to change it, but using a shark's skull could look awesome?

http://www.elasmo-research.org/education/evolution/evol-image/skull_meg-ws.gif

This is the way I'd go too to be honest, it is a fantastic sculpt but it detracts from the raw power of the model in it's current form.  A shark's jaw bone and partial skull over the top would look really brutal.

Awesome sculpting as always and I actually really like the shark head concept.

I believe that the way the head turns out is down to the paint job I mean if the heads panting the same colour as the rest of the armour it should blend in very well as apposed to if it were painted a different shade which would really bring it out more.

Loving this and the way its coming out.

The head is actually a nice touch, I immediately imagined it as a metallic piece, perhaps if the rest of the sculpt had smooth organic edges a la sanguinary guard or honour guard it perhaps fit, but given the imposing and 'blocky' nature of terminators, I would consider a change.

Its fairly obvious you guys know what you're doing, keep at it!

Love the shark head, too many people get caught up on the 'Grimdark', and "That's so unrealistic, we need more realism in a completely fictional universe ruled over by a corpse attached to a giant golden refrigerator". It's well sculpted, and lots of fun, and we need more fun in 40k.

I'm more hung up due to the fluff it's usually plan armour which is why there Hq was hard to tell apart but if he was doing the rogue trader space sharks then it be more acceptable as they were a bit whacky ;P anyway like you said it's only fiction and everything is open to interpretation

Ill have an update tonight, we have revised the shark head and made it less organic, but still feels and looks like a shark head... we have started the dorsal fin which we think will work great in cohesion with the cape we are giving him :)

updates in probably... 2 hours? :)

Archived