is this an underused unit?

Brother_Darius

Ahhhhh back in the olden days (5th Edition Marine Dex) I ran an army may laughed at. All scouts. 1 had over 100 of these models at one time, and man, it was so much fun. Running a group of 10 "close combat scouts" with Shrike was the best Alpha Strike out there... with Land Speeder Storms and Scout Bikes, you could hunt and kill almost anything early in the game with Melta / Melta combo or Heavy Flamer / Combi Flamer combo... if you ran a 1st and 10th company list, you could take teleport homers with them... you could drop Terminators anywhere you needed. 

Those were the good old days. I'm sure if you search 100 scout project you may come across some of my older threads..  

The thing with Scouts is that they need to be high numbers. Always run 10. ALWAYS! Anything less and it's most likely just a waste.  I do prefer the Sniper because 1. the models are really cool and 2. You get a chance to rend, and you also have Precision Shot (if I recall correctly). I never thought of running a Libby with them for prescience though... great idea. Add a missile launcher to the squad, for shots at Flyers (you can also try your luck rending a flyer too, especially with a Librarian). 

As I posted in an earlier thread, You have to make an army you want to play and have fun playing it. Think outside the "net" and run units no one likes. You may be surprised how much fun they are. 

Archived