Honor Guard/Tank Busters?

Hey Gents!

I recently came into possession of a large amount of Marine bits from a friend of mine and having sorted them last night I seem to have enough to build myself an "on foot" Honor Guard with a dedicated Razorback.

I was looking over the rules for these guys and I am considering making a sort of shooty/tank busting unit that can ride in the razorback with a Librarian to give them the appropriate shooty buffs.

Does anyone have any experience with one or the other(librarian giving shooty buffs or having a shooty honor guard squad)? I would love to hear some tips or stories.

Fluffwise an honour guard can fill any rank the commander wants them to. So if he wants them to hunt tanks, they hunt tanks nuke.gif

Ive heard people who drop podded 4 meltagun HG ontop of enemies, blasted a tank to smithereens turn 1 and were very happy with that. If they survived past the first turn it was a huge plus apparently though sweat.gif

4 HG with plasmaguns would be a very good monstrous creature/terminator hunter squad though. SPECIALY if you manage to give them precience. One can hardly be happy when a razorback with 8 potential S7 AP2 shots is around the corner! eek.gif

Archived