Imperial Knights and us

Larhendiel

If he's talking about Imperial knights, we can have some leeway on the discussion of pros and cons of having them as allies.

Ok but maybe the title should be changed to better reflect what we will be discussing ;)

Personally I have no plans to buy any. It will just become the new Riptide problem with them turning up in every army for tournaments and with power gamers. The worst thing GW did for me was to allow allies as I think it is just a move to sell more kits and expensive models. I don't play allies (even Farsight/Tau) as it does not fit in with my thoughts on the background/history of races I own.

just my ha'pennys worth. Pinch of salt as required... 

I was going to be buying a revnant titan for a "big thing project" but I think I might get one of these guys.  In a Deathwing/metal scheme I can already think of a bunch of conversions or at least ways to make it look like it came from a Dark Angel affiliated manufactorum!

I will be getting one for sure as I am a collector first... I will build it, paint it and display it as the centerpiece of my army so far... I don't ally in games, because I don't think the DA would want to ally with anyone unless it meant guaranteeing the caputure / destruction of fallen.

I like the model, and will enjoy every minute I spent with it.

I will be getting one for sure as I am a collector first... I will build it, paint it and display it as the centerpiece of my army so far... I don't ally in games, because I don't think the DA would want to ally with anyone unless it meant guaranteeing the caputure / destruction of fallen.

I like the model, and will enjoy every minute I spent with it.

But that's precisely the opposite. DA are more unlikely ally with anyone if they are on a pursuit of a Fallen, if it's a normal mission then they are more relaxed with allies, but always aloof. In any case you don't have to take ally as face value. A Imperia knight can't be sent to reinforce the DA by the Mechanicum, or the DA might want to help a beleagered Knight for some reasons. I thinkpeople are too literal on interpretation of the word ally and they have this "romantic" notion of Alllies having paries and brifings before battle and all the comraderie involved... when in fact ally sometimes is the someone shooting at the same target and that's that. I'm sorry if it seemsI'm picking on you, I'm not.. I just wanted to exemplify that Allies don't always mean a friendly relation.

Well I'll get one in a medium term time range... But for now I'm concentrated on finishing my company...

I share the same PoV about allies as Luc'... Come one guys, ain't it lots of stories about IG fighting alongside SM and mechanicum robots against an alliance of daemons and CSM?

Aren't Tau allies with kroots, vespids or even human milicias?

Alliance and treachery are part of the universe of 40k... The only problem is the alliance chart that is not related to fluff and also the fact that we miss REAL allies for each race (expedites and pirates for eldar, human tau colonies, genestealers cults for tyranids... Etc)

I'll be getting one (maybe two). A seriously nice piece of plastic and one of the most exciting model releases in years! The real question - which house(s) will it/they be aligned to tongue.png

Need to think a bit more about tactics - as in how they gel with DA units. Paladin is great anti-infantry/light tanks/transports, Errant anti-tank/MC. Both have that awesome Reaper chainsword. But basically game wise initial thoughts are Knight Paladin great as an ally for Ravenwing (or bike-heavy army) who have the movement to follow it around. Knight Errant, great ally for the Deathwing who can use it for anti-tank work while concentrating on anti-infantry themselves.

I'm kind of erring to the Errant though it must be said.

Cheers

I

Have to admit, I feel a bit like Mugatu in Zoolander. The knight model doesn't do that much for me. That said, I'd have no issue from a fluff standpoint with the Da fighting alongside a Knight household in any circumstance other than a capture the Fallen mission.

What colors would look good alongside the DA? You don't always want the same colors as the rest of your army, to show that they are their own faction.

The Blue looks fantastic but that is the first color you'd think of when you think of a Knight.

The red is more Ad Mech. Maybe too much for us.

Da  Green, Black and Bone is too on the button for our colors to be a Knight's own colors.

I might have to look up Titan color schemes to inspire me. I remember a yellow and green one.

The more I thought about it, Knights could fit in thematically with Dark Angels, given that we came from knightly orders, and we're a cagey bunch.  We could have been sitting on an STC the whole time!

In the additional transfer sheet there are laurels with UM and CF/IF markings showing knights that are affiliated in some way to some Astartes chapters...

The only problem is that DA are a secretive and aloof legion so i think that there should not be any affiliati on between knights and the unforgiven...

I Will Paint My two knights (one paladin and one errant) in a contrasting color scheme so it will be easier to see that there is no affiliation...

So no black, green or white main color scheme for me...

Thanks JJ.

As for colour schemes - I think next weeks' WD will have more liveries in it.

I'm thinking that as the model is so big a halved or quartered scheme might look quite good. Might look at WH Fantasy Empire might have some good schemes for inspiration.

Cheers

I

Archived