Imperial Knights and us

Larhendiel

I'm with Avoghai, I think there is some wiggle room. It's a big galaxy and we have 10,000 years to work with.

However we can also easily imagine DA creating an order-like knight house on a recruitment world and knights protecting this world as guardians. This order could perfectly be the recruitment houses on the planet and its members making a traditional fight selection when the DA are here : the best being taken for the scout company, then other remaining as
guardians and knights pilots...
Then it could be normal to see the knights with DA heraldry...

Or a twist on this, the Knight World and its Houses simply already existed when the Unforgiven began using it has a recruiting world (maybe recruiting marines from the lower class men-at-arms who are used to fighting without the help of a war machine?). Perhaps over time, a DA icon or two was added here or there to Knight Titans who served with honor along side the Chapter for a period of time. Heck, throw some Bretonnian fluff in there and call them Questing Knights... I think this is good grounds to paint a Knight Titan with it's own House colors but with some nods to its service to the DA and field it with your army.

But do you want a story that gives you a reason to paint them completely in DA colors? Take that first part and add thousands of years and many Unforgiven recruitment runs. Over that much time, the Knight World has grown very close to the Unforgiven and certain Knight Titans have become so heavily honored they are simply dedicated to the Chapter itself and remain with it. When the Chapter returns to recruit marines, it also asks the Noble Houses to volunteer it's best pilots to fill any empty seats in the Unforgiven-dedicated Knight Titans.

Fluff.... Hmmmm

I think mine will have been thought long dead when it's transport crashed in the wilderness. Raised my apes it would have learned how to survive. Clad in only a simple loincloth it would swing from vine to vine until found be a explorer named Jane. Taken back to society he'll re-take his family name.

His trusty butler, Alfred will try to talk him out of it, but at night he will prowl the city streets hunting criminals. Soon they will fear him. Until he retires in a unfulfilling plot hole filled story about in which he saves the city from a bomb.

Then...

War will beak out and he will have to storm the beach. Death trying to catch him in every moment. Afterward he will be sent with a few select men to find a private whos brothers were all killed in action. They will save him, but at a terrible price.

After the war he will settle down in a quiet little house and plot evil. As a evil genius he create hordes of little yellow minions. (These will later be purged as chaos spawn when the DA arrive) Confronted by a tough choice and with a huge heart he will adopt three little girls. (Again.. Purged)

Annnd that's as far as I've gotten. Sooner or later The DA will land and everyone will live happily ever after.

Archived