Anti-knight options

Excessus

My chaos warhound titan will do lovely against them. What I really would like to see if my FW Bloodthirster of Khorne go up against a bunch of those.

With FW you can do it take care of them with pretty much any of the Chaos's disposal. Non FW Oblits, Land Raiders, Melta Spam, Princes.

Aren't they LoW by themselves so what would be the point of caring to not take LoW yourself. To me personally if someone brings a LoW and you don't is like a knife to a gun fight.

Knights are LoW. They are just a superheavy walker useable in normal games.

And to be fair, the more i think of it, the more i think they are just an oversized leman russ variant. yes they do massive damage in melee, but thats also where they are also at their most vulnerable. Yes they can be placed so that its hard to flank the Ion shield, but then its still only a battle cannon or super melta shot. But that 1 gun, still costs him a lot! 

All signs are pointing to us, and everyone else for that matter, getting them. The White Dwarf editor posted on their facebook page that it was mistakenly left out of the last WD. Not that a facebook posting is anything official in any capacity, but I think its a safe bet that we can use them.

I'm actually thinking in combat. A lash mauler plus something else (Giant Spawn, Magma Mauler, etc.). It will be down to one destroyer attack that still has to roll to hit.

And then at I1 he does D3 stomp attacks that are blast and D as well :P

A Mauler stands no chance in CC, it would take a minimum of 4 combats to kill the thing and he just would not last that long with such a high chance of being one hit.

There's conflicting reports actually - some saying everyone can get them in some form, some saying everyone but tyranids. I'm going to hold my horses until the codex is out. Then again, that's easy for me to say, as I couldn't afford one right now, anyway, and already have a massive modeling and painting backlog.

I'm actually thinking in combat. A lash mauler plus something else (Giant Spawn, Magma Mauler, etc.). It will be down to one destroyer attack that still has to roll to hit.

And then at I1 he does D3 stomp attacks that are blast and D as well :P

A Mauler stands no chance in CC, it would take a minimum of 4 combats to kill the thing and he just would not last that long with such a high chance of being one hit.

This is the problem with people complaining about super heavies, they don't even read the rules! D3 chances to hope for a 6 is quite different than D3 destroyer stomps... So back to what I said, a mauler and giant spawn charging into this thing could actually do quite a number at a significantly lower cost, since both have AP2 attacks, any 5+'s will cause a bonus D3 HP. Personally if I see one coming at me from across the board I'll have no problem sending maulers into it.

Archived