Flint's New Plog Dilemma

Flint13

Considering Flint made a bloody Librarian, you can discount the Nails ticking in his brain.

And I prefer Slayer's Raining Blood and vicious facial scarring from honourable combat, over a lame 80's movie theme song and face tats.  :P

Oh wow. Thanks so much guys. I never thought I'd get this many responses. Certainly not in this little amount of time. Let's see what we've got here.

@ Deathstrike - I think I'm leaning that way.

@ Noctus - It does indeed. I think I'll be picking up some more WE pads very soon.

@ Helterskelter - Thanks! Oh, the legion symbol was kinda rushed. I set myself a time limit of no more than 2 hours per mini. I started that WE legion badge at 1 hour 53 minutes happy.png

@ DDS7 - I do so like the gray color scheme. And Tyberos is hella cool.

@ UltraRich - Thanks! He started out an Emperor's Champion

@ Trevak Dal - I like your screen name. I like gray too. One of the reasons I considered the Carcharadons. It's so hard to keep interesting though, don't you think? I think I've actually got some Ash gray primer around here.

@ Depthcharge - Hah, yeah "overlap." They both have black on black eyes, pale white skin, favor ambush and terror tactics, are viciously brutal close combat fighters and have an extremely stable geneseed. All of this while having a creation and founding shrouded under mysterious circumstances... and Lexicanum still lists their probable founding legion as Ravenguard. dry.png

@ Forte - Or like Nightlords without the Excommunicate Tratoris sancation... msn-wink.gif

Haha, yeah my little shark didn't come out very intimidating. I suppose I'l have to figure transfers out.

@ Squeaky - S'kay. I'm biased towards awesome too.

@ Heathens - Awe, thanks buddy. I won't ditch it.

@ Anaziel - Now you know how I feel tongue.png

@ Barabbas - That was a big draw for me. I am definitely biased towards HH

@ Kol - Hah, I like that idea. Just like how the Carcharadons operate. Maybe I can keep them as a little kill team.

@ DSS7 - They are pretty creepy like that, aren't they?

@ Forte - That was a major draw for me. So super sinister. Almost like they are from a legion bred for it...

@ Infyrana - Thanks! I like to think it's my best armor MK. I am slowly learning to paint white acceptably. It's just a slow process.

@ KrautScientist - Haha, you're definitely not biased! But thanks for the compliment. Kol brought up that same point. Maybe I'll make a little Carcharadon kill team...

@ Fracture - Would you believe that was the biggest selling point for me?

@ TheWarmaster - Yessir. I'll do my best to inspire! Let me know if I can help with yours.

@ Knight of the Raven - There just feels like so much more stuff I can do with white/blue/brass than gray other gray and light gray happy.png I just have to keep my WE from looking like angry White Scars

@ Hushrong - I'm not familiar with the Yuuhzhan Vong. Are they a Star Wars race? I seem to remember a Starwars fangirl friend of mine mention something similar.

@ KrautScientist - Hah, nah. I don't need Chaos marks. I've got 10 man plasma gunner support squads, flights of cheap fire raptors and squadrons of predators. tongue.png

@ Honda - The whole Polynesian and Maori theme running through the Carcharadons was a big point of attraction for me. I love the tattoos and augmented chainblades. I dunno if I could paint something that intricate, but it'd be fun to try.

@ Squeaky - S'why they have Sharks in space! To get to places that aren't oceans happy.png

@ Heathens - I do have a thing for bucking the trend/bell curve don't I? Krautscientist was giving me a good natured hard time for it earlier. "Hah, the first WE mini you make is a librarian? You have some lady balls."

Well here's my thought, do a bit of everything.

Don't confine yourself to a single project just take on whatever your imagination cooks up.

Some will be amazing others will fall flat on there ass, but confining yourself to a single project will cause dilemmas like it did for me.

You've got talent and you should refine all facets of the hobby

Now that's how someone gets a lot of fans.. replies to everyone individually :) Dedication !

So, World Eaters is it ? :D

Someone only just found a Flint thread?

Well here's my thought, do a bit of everything.

Don't confine yourself to a single project just take on whatever your imagination cooks up.

Some will be amazing others will fall flat on there ass, but confining yourself to a single project will cause dilemmas like it did for me.

You've got talent and you should refine all facets of the hobby

This. That's why I have so many projects. A little bit of everything works wonders.

But, yeah. World Eaters.

I say World Eaters: you get the awesome of the heresy, an excuse to get FW's awesome goodies as they continue to be released,and with Legions in excess of 100,000 marines, you get variety - you can take different aspects of the legion you like, or a single mentioned paragraph in some vague fluff, and run with it,and it'll still be fluffy, purely because of the size of each Legion

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblp99GggH1qe9ug4o1_500.jpg

Jaspcat probably has the best answer. If you don't mind doing two smaller projects that is what I would settle with but who wants to wear a toga? Or be hung in a ships hold foaming at the mouth.. when you can have a softly spoken psychopath i.e Tyberos tongue.png

Considering that I already know what direction you're going with the World Eaters, they get my vote.

It was a solid fluff idea, Flint. Don't ditch it.

As someone else who knows, I agree. Go with the World Eaters and the idea/paint scheme you had in mind.

Wow... seems like I accidentally lit a tiny fire.

@ Jaspcat - Thanks buddy. That means a lot.

@ Infyrana - Of course. I'd totally want someone to reply to me. Chatting to folks about the hobby and fluff is literally my favorite part of having a plog. I suppose I should start using the "Quote Multiple" button though, so people won't have to keep scrolling around to see what I'm talking about in my replies blush.png

@ Honda - Uh oh...

@ Forte - The idea that I am "popular" is still pretty confounding to me. Like I just found a thread awhile back where someone used my NL Forgelord as an example of a cool techmarine conversion. Blew my mind.

@ TheWarmaster - That is indeed the way I'm leaning

@ Heathens - I like how you don't even have to type anything to reply awesomely. Why has someone not photo shopped that guy fighting a shark yet?!

@ Iron Hands Fanatic - Speaking of a single paragraph of vague fluff... ever read the flavor text from Shabran Darr's entry in Betrayal? msn-wink.gif

@ Marshal2 - Ooooh... pretty

@ Squeaky - That is magical and you're my favorite. *saved as desktop*

@ Honda - Now I'm really worried. Best make sure I keep a set of those chainmail shark feeding gloves handy tongue.png

@ DSS7 - Skirts? Did I miss a dark angel?

@ Honda - HAH! Great minds *totally* think alike.

@ BCK - Thanks buddy! I'm glad you liked it. I think I will.

@ BassWave - I know right? Totally my desktop now.

@ Krautscientist - Apologies for misquotes. You were thinking it tongue.png

Just as an aside, Flint, where did you find that axe and hand you used on the World Eater? Thing looks tremendous!

For what it's worth, Charcharodons - because I'm going to start WE and I really don't need the competition.

If its for pure fun, paint what you get the most enjoyment from.

If it is for fun and experience, paint what takes you furthest outside your comfort zone.

You enjoy painting so either one is going to be rewarding regardless. Painting new styles and colors combinations will expand your "toolbox" for the hobby as well as provide the joy of painting.

Just my two pence. I'll enjoy seeing what you come up with either way :)

http://www.ourhenhouse.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/0001s_0014_2011_11_17_healthy_eating_healthy-353x210.jpg

Brought to you by iKhorne - the future of Chainaxes.

PS: forte - no not at all, been replying a few times, just felt I should mention it since there was so many replies in one post :)  ...hope I'm not infringing any copyrights here btw !

Archived