Librarian powers

Tochtlius

Hi, everyone!

Don't be angry with me, but I need some clarifcation on this topic. (yes, I read rules and faq)

Can I freely choose powers whichever I wish from the know to my psyker disciplines, that means I have no need to roll for them?

(English isn't my mother tongue, that's why I questioning you)

Thank you all beforehand!

You may freely choose (from the list of disciplines available to you psyker) which disciplines you will roll on.

ie. ML2 SM Librarian has 2 powers so could take 1 Biomancy power and 1 Telepathy power for example

However, if playing by RAW you must roll on the table and you get the corresponding power to what you've rolled. If you get something you don't like then you could swap for the primaris power, but that's as far as choice goes.

There are some special characters that can choose their powers, there are others that can re-roll their results on the tables, but these characters have clearly defined special rules that allow that. Some of the old 5th edition codices also allow you to pick from a list of psychic powers (BA, GK, SW) but they are the old, not the new.

There is nothing stopping you asking your opponent if you can pre-select your psychic powers (like you could in 5th edition). If they say "OK" then that's fine.

Archived