Do I have this right?

Montuhotep

I think it is more 'no rules if we don't have models for it' decision than 'no rules for it because it would be op'.

No model for a SM character on bike. No Master of the Forge on bike. Same applies to Eldar and Dark Eldar.

EDIT ^^ Ninjad by Daboarder

We have Artificer armor its just called flesh metal and sadly I think only the Warpsmith and the Oblits/Mutilators can get them. Also we cant even afford twin-link auto cannons on our defilers and dreadnoughts.

Yes, our artificier armour is another victim of the damn boon chart. Due to the fact you can get it there it can't be bought regularly... :P

But TL autocannons? You do know both the brute and defiler have reaper autocannons, right? Which obviously is exactly like TL autocannons except 12" shorter range...can't have the same power as the loyalists now can we? ;)

Hey, jeske, for research purposes, what sort of shooty upgrades do you think would be cool and functional for our HQs in general and the Warpsmith? I haven't seen the new loyalist Codex... fifty bucks is getting a little rich for my tastes.

Phil
was thinking ahead of you actually, something like, "1 Lord, 1
Sorceror, 1 Daemonprince entry. Almost done here but i should make sure
that some fluff mongers get acces to older units like Warpsmith and
Apostles, lets included them knowing the good players wont be using
them."

I was way ahead of him during the 4th edition Codex's reign, making a fandex on Warseer. Now I'm ahead of the next sap to make one... making a fandex on Warseer. :P

I think it is more 'no rules if we don't have models for it' decision than 'no rules for it because it would be op'.

No model for a SM character on bike. No Master of the Forge on bike. Same applies to Eldar and Dark Eldar.

Deathlearper'd good sir, you got deathlearper'd

Its hardly the worst crime in the Chaos Codex.

Tbh I'm surprised the Warpsmith and Dark Apostle were not upgrade options for a Chaos Lord.

Perhaps so GW can wring some more cash out of us with a Chaos Legions supplement further down the road.

Same reason Librarians and Chaplains aren't upgrades for a Captain (or Chapter Master). Because a) it pads out the number of options and b    ) apparently no Chaplains or Librarians are ever as 'ard as a Captain (to say nothing of a Chapter Master, who is apparently 'arder than almost any Chaos Lord).

Not saying they're good reasons, mind.

Hey, jeske, for research purposes, what sort of shooty upgrades do you

think would be cool and functional for our HQs in general and the

Warpsmith?

Well there  are a few ways to do it . Clone the loyalist options . Make some sort of chaos weapons . A mini traktor with fiend plasma weapon mounted on it ? some sort of random chaos weapons . Sadly all those options require a model and as non of those were planed we won't see any units for it .

GW don't really think this way, as there are many units/options in the 6th Ed. codeci that don't have actual model's.

Some mentioned that there are no model for a MotF on bike either, yet they have the option.

There are no model's for Farseers and Warlocks on jetbikes, yet they have the option, etc.

Razorbacks can take Twin-linked Heavyflamers/Lascannons/Assaultcannons/Heavybolters/Lasgun+Lascannon, yet the sprue only gives you the Twin-linked Heavybolter/Lascannon option.

('nids got shafted since Chapter House already had made model's for pods. Instead of making their own pods, GW decided to screw over Chapter house by simply removing the pods from the codex, and at the same time, they managed to screw the nidplayers as well. It wasn't because there was no actual pod-model's from GW.)

Yes that's true. But they had this option before GW decided to go for 'no rules if we don't have models for it' policy and I imagine they didn't wanted to screw over players who already scratchbuilt/converted modes. Our models and rules for them were made after the decision, so no bikes for chaos. It's the basically the same reason why every dark apostle in galaxy has to carry a power maul and every warpsmith/techmarine an axe.

Indeed, many of my conversions contain parts from many gw kits. Potentially making twice the money for gw per model.

Gw used to encourage the conversion/scratchbuild scene...a person who buys 3x kits and spends 12+ hours greenstuffing them together to make one unit is more likely to be a loyal customer.

Yes that's true. But they had this option before GW decided to go for 'no rules if we don't have models for it' policy and I imagine they didn't wanted to screw over players who already scratchbuilt/converted modes. Our models and rules for them were made after the decision, so no bikes for chaos. It's the basically the same reason why every dark apostle in galaxy has to carry a power maul and every warpsmith/techmarine an axe.

And Chaos had the option for a Dark Apostle or 'Warsmith' in TDA or on a bike since 3.5, same with Eldar and DE whose characters could take bikes, but no model existed. That side of your argument does not hold water.

The fact that GW released the Eldar codex where Farseers and Warlocks can still take bikes, but there is no model for them, blows your argument out of the water entirely smile.png

And Chaos had the option for a Dark Apostle or 'Warsmith' in TDA or on a bike since 3.5, same with Eldar and DE whose characters could take bikes, but no model existed. That side of your argument does not hold water.

The fact that GW released the Eldar codex where Farseers and Warlocks can still take bikes, but there is no model for them, blows your argument out of the water entirely smile.png

Remember that Warlocks and Farseers stayed codex entries during fourth, DA and Warsmith didn't. Also back then DA and Warsmith were entirely different things as they are now.

Look I am not fan of this attitude, I am all for converting and I find it strange that GW denies us opportunity to convert. But apparently it is here and we can't do anything about it.

But we also don't have models for Lords or Sorcerers on Bikes/Steeds and they still have the option. So that can't really be the case.

Yeah, but they had those options already.  Not printing new options without models for them is different from taking away past options that fans had already converted models for.  That would just be cruel.  Could you imagine if they took away our cult terminators, or sonic weapon dreadnoughts, or tyranids spore pods?  GW wouldn't do something like that.

Yeah, but they had those options already.  Not printing new options without models for them is different from taking away past options that fans had already converted models for.  That would just be cruel.  Could you imagine if they took away our cult terminators, or sonic weapon dreadnoughts, or tyranids spore pods?  GW wouldn't do something like that.

Well considering transition from fourth to fifth, it is far more complicated issue. Remember that back in the time entire armies disappeared LatD, kroot merecernaries etc.

Where do you think they got the name Warpsmith from?

Warsmith has now, entirely, in that codex, I think, been superseded by the term 'warpsmith'.

No, Warsmith is a rank in the Iron Warrior hierarchy while a Warpsmith is a position similar to a loyalist techmarine/motf.

Where do you think they got the name Warpsmith from?

Warsmith has now, entirely, in that codex, I think, been superseded by the term 'warpsmith'.

No, Warsmith is a rank in the Iron Warrior hierarchy while a Warpsmith is a position similar to a loyalist techmarine/motf.

Exactly. Some people should get the stuff right before complaining about it ;)

Archived