Aegis Defense Line

dveillo

I play every variant of Dark Angels.
I've just purchased an Aegis Defense Line.
How do you paint yours?

Should I paint mine?

• Dark Angels Green with White on the Birds.
  • Deathwing Bleach Bone with White on the Birds.
  • Ravenwing Black with White on the Birds.

Thank you in advance for all the input.

I wish all people would all grind off the eagles and put the appropriate icons for their particular army on them.  Marines using IG-marked equipment is one thing, but chaos?  Eldar?  "oh, it was already there, they just occupied it" is weak sauce when you pay the points to put it in your list.

Chaos could probably get away with just defacing imperial symbols. Eldar should be coming up with a different solution entirely, because even if you do grind off the aquilas and apply spirit stones or something it looks like an imperial defense line.

EDIT: but yes, "we totally found this in the exact spot we always wanted one" is pretty much just an excuse for filthy xenos to be lazy with their army. :p

I wish all people would all grind off the eagles and put the appropriate icons for their particular army on them.  Marines using IG-marked equipment is one thing, but chaos?  Eldar?  "oh, it was already there, they just occupied it" is weak sauce when you pay the points to put it in your list.

I don't know. Something bugs me about this. Comments like this, is why a lot of people don't like SM players. Everything (yes I know it's not true, but it seems like it) is made for SM or Imperium players. So does this mean being a SM or Imperial player, is being lazy since they don't have to convert?

It's peoples money. It's their time, what is it to you they do what they want to leave it as is, and makes a lazy excuse for it?  Lets turn this around. You shouldn't be using SM made as SM since there are DA SM you can be buying now. 

So if it means an Eldar player has to convert, does that means no using Space Hulk minis since they are Blood Angles. No using SM since they are Ultramarines or other generic SM and Not DA SM. That would mean EVERY SINGLE DA mini you have HAVE to have DA iconography on it then. If not, then they are not DA.

Although interesting - we are getting way off the original topics. Happy to move it to the Amicus section if strays from DA content.

Cheers

I

Thanks for the input.

Especially the pics.

Didn't mean to spark a heated discussion (not that those aren't interesting also).

I'm just an advocate for painted and WYSIWYG modeling.

I do appreciate everyone's opinions.

I think the old adage of "it's your army paint them as you like" comes into play here.

I like the fact that these are mass-produced items made by their millions and dropped onto the battlefield by as a makeshift solution to a defensive need before a more permanent solution can be found - possibly to be abandoned at a later date.

As such I can't imagine the Unforgiven Chapters' armoury wanting to waste too much time painting something that might be abandoned after it's served its purpose.

I could see graffiti, rude slogans or rough icons painted on though.

But that's just me <_<.

Having said that, they do look good in matching livery ... so ...

Cheers

I

They do, but I confess I would be more likely to want to paint in a more generic Imperial way. I don't see the DA as laying down their own aegis line. I think they would commandeer their own one. That said, a converted line which has been made 'more DA' should be pretty cool.

I still have to put paint on my recently bought Aegis, but I am planning to paint it on a neutral scheme. Something along "military green" tones. Altough I do see logic in  painting the Aegis STC according to the army's own colours, I don't see IF painting theirs yellow and BA painting theirs in red. I think there's probably a Mechanicum standard issued colour for these.

I can't imagine the Unforgiven Chapters' armoury wanting to waste too much time painting something that might be abandoned after it's served its purpose.

You think the serfs have better things to do?!? blink.png

I agree with most here...mine (for my IG, I haven't ever used it with any other army) is generic/standard. Olive on the front with black trim, flat gray on the inside. For an army whose colors are blue/gray/white.

• 3 months later...

Archived