Using 40k models in 30k

See, I still wouldn't agree One-Eye, all the old Marks of Armour still exist and are used during the 41st millenium, so the models themselves are fair game for either or, the vanguard sergeant is entirely made from bits released prior to the heresy stuff kicking off, but would work just fine in heresy games, admittedly 4 out of 6 of the vanguard use kits technically designed for the heresy stuff, but the mk3 marine thats painted uses the mk3 kit released prior to FW focusing on heresy gaming.

That being said, thanks for the complements mate! much appreciated, especially considering your own work :) 

I just think it's pretty inaccurate to say that a Heresy Army cannot include mk 7 armour, mk7 was around for the final stages of the Heresy afterall, suggesting no mk7 in a great crusade list would be accurate of course! :)

I was originally going to do a loyalist World Eater army, about half the force had the nails and when the heresy hit these ones tried to kill the rest (40000 WE weren't at Isstvan). The loyalists won out and the few with nails that stayed loyal would be the Rampagers. Then I was going to have 'lost in warp' (cliche I know) and end up in 41M. Used as Blood Angels with Death Guard as Rampages, lead by a chaplain who's job was to execute any who lost themselves to the nails.

But I hated painting white :)

I was originally going to do a loyalist World Eater army, about half the force had the nails and when the heresy hit these ones tried to kill the rest (40000 WE weren't at Isstvan). The loyalists won out and the few with nails that stayed loyal would be the Rampagers. Then I was going to have 'lost in warp' (cliche I know) and end up in 41M. Used as Blood Angels with Death Guard as Rampages, lead by a chaplain who's job was to execute any who lost themselves to the nails.

But I hated painting white smile.png

sounds like a good start. White primer dude, White Primer!!!

The World Eaters are dead and buried I'm afraid. They may get resurrected at some point in the future but not for now. Mark IV is actually much better for WE IMO and White isn't too bad with them. It's the MkII that killed me with the white.

Archived