Sanguinary Guard Goodness

GrunTeufel

It's burnished gold (don't know what it's called now.) I thin it considerably and put on two or three thin layers. Then comes the wash (a mix of blood red and tamiya x1 clear black thinned to the point of turning into your basic wash) I highlight  with a mix of mythril silver and burnished gold. And a final edge highlight with pure mythril silver. Takes some time but worth it.

Wow thank you very much, a lot to consider as I've never been bold enough to mix paints or such but I will definitely give it a try but I appreciate the reply!

No problem mate. Just a reminder, you don't have to mix paints to reach this result. There are already colors and inks available for such things. Chestnut ink for wash or shining gold for highlighting purposes for example. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen red SanGuard before, what a treat to see these first! You have given me such inspiration. Mostly to do away with those cumbersome wings!! My BA are black with gold and a spot of red - they are not flesh tearers, I just like black and gold, don't like red! Having seen these beauties I think I will pull the wings off mine and 50/50 black and red with gold weapons. My Dante is wip; 50/50 black gold. Any one ever done gold power swords?

'course my skills with a brush are far behind this, but colour scheme is important to me!

Well done Grun.

Ps I like black purity seals too!

Don't do it man! Gold power weapons look all kinds of wrong. If your primary colors are gold and black, than you might want to go red with your power swords with the same blend style as my sanguinary guard. Black > dark brown > red gore > red > pinkish > white. And yeah wings make them look like victorias secret models and not in a good way. thumbsup.gif

I already have vanguards so no, I didn't use them as vanguard vets. I did use them as sanguinary guard couple of times though. None of the players in our LGS would keep me from deploying them as such just because they are not painted in "correct" colors. 

Here are the vanguard. I like the new box but these models are better looking IMO.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/jacksonseverimben/Blood%20Angels/2014-02-04001904Medium_zpsf7cb3418.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/jacksonseverimben/Blood%20Angels/2014-02-04001846Medium_zpse49b6520.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/jacksonseverimben/Blood%20Angels/2014-02-04001840Medium_zps60798880.jpg

Didnt mean that bud :) just meant that without the wings and in red they dont really have the visual queue id associate with sanguinary guard, they are obviously still totally cool to use as sanguinary guard and the other guy would have to be a bit of a douche to stop you using them as SG. I meant more use them as vanguard as vanguard are probably more viable this edition for us :) either way they look great

Didnt mean that bud smile.png just meant that without the wings and in red they dont really have the visual queue id associate with sanguinary guard, they are obviously still totally cool to use as sanguinary guard and the other guy would have to be a bit of a douche to stop you using them as SG. I meant more use them as vanguard as vanguard are probably more viable this edition for us smile.png either way they look great

This what happens when you have poor grasp over your secondary language. sweat.gif I do use vanguard vets quite often yes. I actually painted these guys the way I did because I wanted to be able to use them as vanguard vets as well. Vanguards are much more useful than sanguinary guard I think but they tend be a bit pricey. I use the models as sergeants for my regular assault squads occasionally so they do get used. thumbsup.gif

Archived