Does the standard of devastation work inside a transport?

ZONKEY

Not to derail the thread offtopic, but as an aside, in retrospect and looking at the state of the game I really don't see how leaving the PFG as intended would have really broken this codex...

Not to derail the thread offtopic, but as an aside, in retrospect and looking at the state of the game I really don't see how leaving the PFG as intended would have really broken this codex...

Errata with nerfed PFG: April 2013

Codex Tau: April 2013

What Tau suffers more? High value of armour... What makes LR even harder for Tau??? PFG...

This is WHY PFG was nerfed...

Errata with nerfed PFG: April 2013

Codex Tau: April 2013

What Tau suffers more? High value of armour... What makes LR even harder for Tau??? PFG...

This is WHY PFG was nerfed...

I agree. My PFG Land Raider list was developed especially as a counter to Riptides, then modified to be an all-comers list.

Would the dark talon be worth taking with this standard?

Anything that has bolters becomes 4x better with this standard, so that would be a yes, caveat that it can be difficult to keep the DT at all times within range of the standard unless in hover mode.

But the standard only works once right?

Seems like between the standard, two Crusaders and the talon, would be an amazing way to remove multiple units on turn 2.

Would the dark talon be worth taking with this standard?

Anything that has bolters becomes 4x better with this standard, so that would be a yes, caveat that it can be difficult to keep the DT at all times within range of the standard unless in hover mode.

But the standard only works once right?

Seems like between the standard, two Crusaders and the talon, would be an amazing way to remove multiple units on turn 2.

The v3 standards used to work once per battle, the current ones works every turns...

Archived