Legion of the Damned

j-smuv

I know this isn't as sexy as the imperial knights codex release, but I was wondering what you guys thought about the potential of the LotD allied to a Blood Angel force. . . 

They don't have a lot of mobility, but they deep strike, have decent durability, and have a potential combo with the Animus Malorum and Fear of the Darkness.  

Plus I really like the models. . .  

Any tactical place for them? 

The list I usually run has a lot of anti-infantry.  

Each list's composition can vary depending on upgrades/points per match, but the mainstays are as follows:

1x ASM with 2 flamers, sergeant with 2x hand flamers

1x Priest w/ jp and power maul

1x Fragioso w/ heavy flamer in a drop pod

9x jp Death Company, 1 power axe

3x baal preds with AC/HBs

I like low model count lists.  Keeps me elite and outnumbered (Lamenters).  I figure if there's anyone more deserving of "aid unlooked for" it's a dwindling group of penitent outcasts on the emperor forsaken fringe of known space.  

I guess, taking your advice into account, I should add some anti-tank Legion?  I kinda like the idea of plasma Legion, too. . .

Hmm, maybe that's a good fit for Legion, then? As you say, anti-tank. Since their Relentless/Ignores Cover is kinda wasted on Flamer/Heavy Flamer, combinations of Melta and Plasma would probably be a good fit. I recall seeing a pretty cool Plasma Cannon Legionnaire conversion, with a spinal cord in place of its power cable.

Plus, they're great thematic fit for Lamenters! I'd imagine a Chapter on the verge of extinction would get pretty familiar with the Legion.

Thanks for your help!

The best part about this ally choice is that (like regular SMs) I could make all of these guys out of bits I have lying around. Unlike regular SM, these guys are spooky. The Legion specific models from GW are beautiful, though. I probably will at least get the sergeant. But, all in all, a relatively inexpensive addition cool.png

I think they fill a similar role to sternguard and frag dreads. Happy to see the ability to take them without using codex SM, that 3++ makes them more durable to nasty intercept blasts and shots even if they die the same to bolters.

Archived