More New Model Rumors

Sception

It depends on what I'm doing. For my 1ksons, I try to avoid most of the horns, and spikes. I like to keep the armor fairly smooth and clean. My Khornate marines have more top-knots and spikes.

I don't mind a Havoc/Chosen kit, but it depends on how it is done. If the kit fits in well with the current marines, you just give the heavy weapons to normal chaos marine models, and then you have some chosen as well, or you spread the chosen parts among all of your normal marines.

Hellios, on 10 Apr 2014 - 02:58, said:

It depends on what I'm doing. For my 1ksons, I try to avoid most of the horns, and spikes. I like to keep the armor fairly smooth and clean. My Khornate marines have more top-knots and spikes.

It's kind of funny, really. The Thousand Sons marine presented in the 3rd ed Chaos codex when I got into the game had both horns and a top knot (as well as a plasma gun).

My marines follow suit and I have a range of head-ornamentation on my KSons.

Thousand Sons, as most cult legions, and heresy legions in general, make more sense in 40k era if you accept the idea that the 'full' legion members - cults, chosen, terminators, heresy vets or at least long time members - make up the elite core of the legions fighting force, while the bulk of the modern legions' ranks are filled out by lesser renegades & post heresy chaos marines who serve them, and hordes of cultists, mutants, slaves, and feral world chaos warriors who worship them as avatars of the gods.

Take the Thousand Sons, for instance.  Ahriman's rubric made the survivors truly immortal - the sorcerers are able to return to life via some means I'm not immediately familiar with, and the rubric spirits can be re bound to empty suits of armor, neither are ever truly destroyed or absorbed into the warp.  However, before that happened, they were nearly wiped out during the heresy, were the smallest of the traitor legions who entered the eye, and then suffered rampant mutation leading to attrition greatly above that even of the other legions who were warring against each other.  So even with all of their remaining heresy vets, such as they are, literally immortal, they still wouldn't have the numbers to be a significant threat to basically anyone on their own.  Sure, you might see an exiled sorcerer & rubric retinue serving warlords of other forces here and there, but if you're talking about an actual Thousand Sons warband or army in service to the cyclops?  Such a force would have 'True' Thousand Sons at its core and throughout its command structure, but the bulk of its power armoured forces would still probably be regular chaos marines dedicated to tzeentch, with all the extra propensity to mutation that entails, so a 'regular' thousand son trooper with mutations, twisted armor, hornes, top-knot, and plasma gun shouldn't be that strange.

It's kind of funny, really. The Thousand Sons marine presented in the 3rd ed Chaos codex when I got into the game had both horns and a top knot (as well as a plasma gun).

You mean these guys? :)

http://imageshack.com/a/img811/2310/ql2h.jpg

All the way back in 2nd ed they were present!

I would be happy with a plastic Dark Vengeanceesque Havocs and chosen boxset.

I'm a huge fan of the newer "morphic" armour look. I really love the new loyalist Tac squad box, and with a new version of the CSM version being like that would be great. Less spikes and chains and more weird plate armour and bone etc perhaps.

Dave

You mean these guys? smile.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img811/2310/ql2h.jpg

All the way back in 2nd ed they were present!

Yup! The whole squad were in the background of a battle photo in the 3rd ed book, but the one with the topknot and plasma gun was the example of a thousand son in the legion colour scheme section!

I hence have a squad of TS made from the old metal chaos veterans, which that model was sold as!

I still remember the hours I spent sawing and filing on my Thousand Sons. I chopped off the heads of the only proper Thousand Sons miniature there was and added them to librarian and other metal bodies...

...soooo many hours...

Archived