More New Model Rumors

Sception

Maybe it was somewhere here already but:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/AlternativeBL/xlarge/2014-03-13%2010.16.14.png

Teleporting Hellbrutes?

Intersting tidbit in the text:

"The sudden appearance of the furiously homicidal Daemon Engines spreads utter panic..." (emphasis mine)

So, is this a hint at what new Helbrutes may be able to take, or a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand has (clumsily) written?

I must admit though, I'm a fan of the idea of "Surprise! Helbrutes!" formation, and I think it would be pretty cool if the Helbrutes showed up in the same turn as an Obliterator team.

Yeah I noticed that too, but another page from the preview does mention them being entombed CSM but also calls them an amalgamation of machine and demon. Honestly I think it's just a case of GW not being nearly as pedantic when they write as we are when we read. That said, I would prefer 2 seperate entries ie Helbrute for a version controlled by a daemon and Dreadnaught for one controlled by a marine, but that's not what they are going with.

I don't expect them to be made daemon engines.  Deep striking dreads - if that's the teleportation rule they're going with, may be decent, or it may be meh, depending largely on whether or not there's any sort of mishap mitigation.

If they're both daemon engines (for at least slightly better defenses) and have a functional delivery option, they may not be half bad.  If even just one model in the formation can get AV13, I'm sold.

I've got two, (though they were hacked apart for conversion and would need to be put back together), but could certainly see myself picking up a third if this dataslate isn't garbage.

Like, even if I'm not super impressed with it, like it's just 'take 3 to 5 dreads, deep strike'; I'd consider it then, though likely wouldn't pick it up until I had finished other projects.  If it's 'take 3 to 5 dreads, they're daemon engines, and nominate one to be a squadron leader with front AV13 at +XX points', then I'll be all over it, and might even start looking at that helforge list I was considering a while ago but dismissed due in no small part to dreads not being very good.

I might get a Helbrute kit after all. I am curious how much work it would be to convert the DV Brutes to use the extra arms from the Kit. I have 4 DV brutes that aren't being used... (5 in total)

But if it was cheap enough? ENOUGH AV 12 in the face (with S10 punches) can actually be a bit of an ordeal.

Or is that just my 'I play CSM' mindset, and other armies laugh it off? tongue.png

Well I was thinking about casting invisibility on them once they hit the board (should be within 24 inches of my Sorc. with a jump pack). But then I'm a 100% beer&pretzel gamer

Well if even one formation makes the Hellbrutes worthy of a place in an army then why not, it is good news for chaos. On the other hand, deepstriking Hellbrutes can be a nasty surprise if well played, they have plasma cannons and flamers so they can work as a delete unit especially compared to the terminators, provided that they deep strike otherwise are just nice models. Still we speak of three formations, so the options are many. The question is if those will be 2-3 Hellbrutes formations or a money grab with three or more models to make them effective.

Depending on how the "teleport" rule will work first they should come from reserves and then u should be able to cast invisibility at the beginning of movement phase. Or?

Pretty sure that, while start of turn powers might be used after rolling for reserves, they're still used before moving arriving reserves onto the table, so they won't yet be legal targets.

Depending on how the "teleport" rule will work first they should come from reserves and then u should be able to cast invisibility at the beginning of movement phase. Or?

Pretty sure that, while start of turn powers might be used after rolling for reserves, they're still used before moving arriving reserves onto the table, so they won't yet be legal targets.

hmmm Reserves rules say that units coming from reserve move first and then the player can proceed to move his other units as normal, while blessing description says - at the beginning of the Psyker movement phase. So IMO you can cast the invisibility normally as the comming unit will be already in place.

hmmm Reserves rules say that units coming from reserve move first and then the player can proceed to move his other units as normal, while blessing description says - at the beginning of the Psyker movement phase. So IMO you can cast the invisibility normally as the comming unit will be already in place.

I thought it was that reserves units move before other units, but still during the normal game phase for movement, such that 'start of movement phase' stuff would still come before they move.

Ie, start of movement stuff - start of turn powers, rolling for reserves

regular movement - with units coming in from reserve moving before units already on the table

AFB, so I could be wrong, but in general most start of turn stuff interacts poorly with reserved units, so I doubt psychic powers would be different.

Archived