Question regarding a certain "successor"

Well first off. Hi! I am Ravenoftheslain. I've been lurking around here for sometime now. Mostly going back and forth over what chapter/codex I should do for my first army. Now originally I was all for BA then the newish SM codex came out. Which caused me to second guess my original chapter( hence my name and current avatar). Well I recently came to my senses and went back to my original decision. Now to get to the point. I want to do a successor chapter. My first choice is the Flesh Eaters. I absolutely love what MR has done with them. My second choice is the Charnel Guard. Now all of what info I have found is "rumored" this and that. They have heraldry and with that colors. Just no set pattern for placement on the armor. Now my question(s) are as follows:

Should I choose Charnel Guard would this be an ok for my wip thread? ( maroon and black. Went for a reversed FT theme. Seeing the colors are pretty close.)

What do you think of this as my scheme for them? spacemarine.jpg

LOVE that look!!!

(Not sure id go maroon! but, rather a deep/rich red?)

So do I! happy.png However, do you have an idea as to what or how the Death Company will look, seeing as they are (nearly always) in black?

In any case, I certainly agree with Morticon - a dark red would look very cool smile.png

LOVE that look!!!

(Not sure id go maroon! but, rather a deep/rich red?)

So do I! happy.png However, do you have an idea as to what or how the Death Company will look, seeing as they are (nearly always) in black?

In any case, I certainly agree with Morticon - a dark red would look very cool smile.png

Like the scheme as well. You follow some other successors and go with white for Death Company.

The Imperium would have to be really hard-up for useable gene-seed if they had to use Flesh Tearer's stock.

Still, I guess it beats having to finally use some of the Space Wolf gene-seed at the back of the Mechanicus' fridge.  Not sure if any of it's still good though, it's been there since before the Nova Terra Interregnum.

I think the OP means a named official Blood Angel successor. First wanting to do Flesh Eaters but then chose Charnel Guard.

That was my impression, as I thought that there was no official record of what the armour of a Charnel Guard Marine looks like, save that it's red and black.

In any case, I like this rendition smile.png

Could have been a successor from before they knew the Flesh Tearers were particularly prone to supreme bouts of face-murdering. Or one done on the quiet by a Chapter Master trying to secure the future of his chapter by trying to manipulate the flaw out, but failing.

Since new Chapters are founded in bulk by the High Lords of Terra when it's decided that the Imperium is looking more screwed then usual, a state it reaches only once every few hundred years or so, a Chapter Master deciding to secretly found a Successor Chapter on his own seems pretty dang unlikely.

I think the OP means a named official Blood Angel successor. First wanting to do Flesh Eaters but then chose Charnel Guard.

Yes that is indeed the case. 

I like the colours too, or I probably will. Actual models always look miles different from army painter stuff.

I agree. I will do a test mini or 2 this coming Friday. 

Not to terribly sure as to how I will do death company. To be honest I'm not really a fan of white. I 'll have to think on it and play with the painter some more.

Really looking forward to getting this army started. I have more than enough plastic and resin to paint. Something like: 35 tac marines/dc, 5 dev. marines, 10-15 assault marines, 5 vanguard vets, 1 dread, 1 furioso, 1 venerable dread, a landspeeder, 2 sang priest, a metal termie captain, 2008( i think) gamesday captain the one with the hammer, and a stormtalon. Oh and some FW bits here and there. 

On another note. If you guys have any suggestions on any particular paint I should try to achieve a red similar to the pic please let me know. I will really appreciate any feedback or ideas you guys throw my way.

Or you could paint them red with black saltires. The red of your shoulderpads for a matching look.

Most Blood Angels use black for Death Company, of course, while the Angels Encarmine use white (also for their Sanguinary Guard). Blood Angels' holy trinity for colors seems to be red, white, and black. Order of elimination, makes them distinct, they use red for whatever reason (perhaps a low incidence of the Black Rage but a high one of the Red Thirst, leading to a practice of sticking the bloodthirsty ones in the Death Company, with a former tradition of painting said Red-Thirsters in red in contrast to Black-Ragers becoming standard practice over time).

For the Death Company you could always go with grey, and have a black wash in the armour recesses. Technically grey is an off white and would come under the trinity of colours.

Either way I am interested, not much has been said of the Charnal Guard aside from them being withdrawn from the Maelstrom Wardens.

I'd love to see a Charnel Guard army, they're the bcensored.gifd sons of the Flesh Eaters (if rumor is to be believed), they spend almost all their time out of battle sleeping in stasis-crypts, they appear to have a colour scheme inspired by ol'Chaplain Desmodius's re-imagined Flesh Eaters (a cookie to everyone who remembers the good Chaplain) and in my opinion they have one of the coolest chapter symbols of the Sanguinius geneline:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140208115611/warhammer40k/images/6/6d/Charnel_Guard_Chapter_Icon3.jpg

See? I told you it was cool. cool.png

Plus they apparently still have a lot of relics and stuff leftover from the Heresy, including a Fellblade (see below) named Mori Drakka, two other Superheavy Tanks of similiar provenance and a sizable fleet of Fire Raptors! If that's not enough of an excuse to start up a new army I don't know what is... tongue.png

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140208120206/warhammer40k/images/thumb/2/26/Charnel_Guard_Fellblade_Mori_Drakka.jpg/640px-Charnel_Guard_Fellblade_Mori_Drakka.jpg

Archived