BA Chaplain Reroll Question

I was just thinking that a squad of death company with a chaplain reroll all to hit and to wound rolls. so with that in mind would that also allow the Death company to reroll hammer of wrath wounds? I know that hammer of wrath does not allow weapon bonuses but its a buff from the chaplain. 

Liturgies of Blood on page 42, Codex BA

"On a turn in which he assaults... snip ...Death Company can also re-roll failed rolls to wound"

Hammer of Wrath is essentially a free automatic melee hit at the models strength at Initiative 10.

It would appear that, yes, Death Company may re-roll to wound with their Hammer of Wrath hits.

That's rather handy... Good Catch.

Thinking about it you have, per DC with a Jump Pack, the potential of:

1 x Strength 4 Hammer of Wrath at Initiative 10 with re-rolls to wound (Chaplain)

5 x WS 5, Strength 5 Attacks at Initiative 4 with re-rolls to hit and re-rolls to wound (2A, Rage and 2 Melee Weapons, plus Chaplain)

On a turn in which you charge.

That's scary. Not to mention the re-roll charge distance for using a Jump Pack to charge, Feel no Pain and the availability of Power Weapons.

Good job they can't score... sweat.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Related question:

Can you reroll hits and try to get misses?

Re-read the rule and it should be evident.  I don't have the book but does it say you reoll to hit rolls or does it say you re-roll failed to hit rolls?  I do know the current way of writting these rules is something like "must re-roll the dice To Hit if you miss."  Only misses are re-rolled and you don't have the choice of not re-rolling them.

If you are ever in the situation where you want to limit the number of casualties, you might be able to use a lesser weapon.  Say your captian has a power sword and a bolt pistol.  You can choose to use the pistol for his attacks.  But you will still have to use all of his attack and re-roll misses (and only misses) as required.

Archived