A couple of Forge World integration questions.

1) Does a Lucius Drop Pod count as a drop pod for the purposes of calculating how many pods are deployed on turn 1?

For example if I have four normal drop pods (chosen from C:SM) and one Lucius, do I deploy three pods on turn 1? Does one of them have to be the Lucius or can I leave that to normal reserves if I want?

2) If Vulkan He'stan is my warlord, will the Multi-Meltas on a Contemptor Mortis dreadnought (chosen as an Elites in the same detachment) become master crafted?

Question one is answered in the relevant section for Lucius Drop Pods in either Imperial Armour Apocalypse (page 24) or Imperial Armour Volume Two Second Edition - War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes (page ??).

Question two I would be inclined to say yes, as it is part of Vulkan's detachment and comes under the umbrella of Codex Space Marines.

1 - IIRC it has a very similar Drop Pod Assault special rule* to the standard Pod, so would count towards your 50% pods on turn 1 calculation.  (reference page 160 of IA Vol 2, second edition)

* "they must choose half of their Drop Pod units of any type (rounding up) to make a Drop Pod Assault"

In your example you have 5 Drop Pods, one of which is a Lucius Pattern.  50% of 5, rounded up is 3, so that's how many can arrive turn 1.

2 - Again IIRC yes, as it states all Models armed with Meltaguns and Multi-meltas in the detachment are affected, not just the models with CT: Salamanders (reference page 112 of Codex: Space Marines)

In both cases, I will check the appropriate source material as soon as I get home and edit in the page references (+/- quotes if needed).

Edit:  Ninja by Jolemai - still I'll edit this post again with references as note above - and done.

Im also going to go with Yes and Yes. One has the Drop Pod Assault rule, just like all the other drop pods, so theres no reason for it not to work that way. The other... is a MM thats part of his detachment, and it really is just that simple.

Archived