My 'Vanilla' Space Marines (KINDA pic heavy)

These are my Space Marines I started on with the release of the new models and codex last year.

1957903_749930718359659_1670705046_o.jpg

So far so good, awaiting reinforcements.

622869_666629386689793_1097141091_o.jpg

Close up on one of the squads.

1606396_738949109457820_642634196_o.jpg

And a Tactical Marine with some Veterans.

There you guys have it. ^^

I'm happy about how these guys came out, I guess I like grayscale colour tones, heh. smile.png

And yes: I am aware they don't have their power plants on their backs, heh. I prefer to have them without, that way I can pose their arms without having it interfere with the shoulder pads.

Did you just get started on SM, or in miniatures? Cause if you just started painting, you're hell'a good and hell'a fast. 

I do have a question, followed by a couple of suggestions.

Are you going to paint the eyes? I think that without the eyes, backpacks and finished base, they kinda come across as WIP's.

I want to suggest that you pick a base before you go any further. I started like you and it was a paint in the ass to have to go back and cut out 30+ marines from black bases and then reglue them to their new bases.

Second suggestion is to either clip off the 'button' on their backs if you're not going to use packs. The 'button' greatly adds to the WIP feel. I would instead of cutting it, suggest that you go on ebay and get yourself some CSM packs instead. Here's a pic.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2430636_99080102002_40kCSMBackpack_445x319.jpg

You should have no problems posing their arms and you won't ever have to hear, "dude, we're their packs?"

Been painting a couple of years, I suppose. This is VERY basic, and fast. (prefer to keep it that way.)

I prefer to have my marines the way they are currently right now. :)
My goal when I paint is: Looking good from a bird's eye of view. As in they look good from a distance. I read that tip in my LotR rulebook's hobby section. :)

But maybe... MAYBE... Sometime in the future I'll get into painting and attaching their backpacks. ;)
If someone asks where their backpacks are I'll just say "They are a waste of paint and time."

Archived