Deathwing Knights Allies

Acebaur

Hail DA Brothers!

I posted a thread over in the Templar forum and I ask for your help as well.  I'm thinking about incorporating some Deathwing Knights into my Templar army as they have such cool rules that fit right in with Templar themes.  Here is a link to the thread I speak of.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks

-Ace

Well...since you can't make them scoring, there's no need to take Belial as your obligatory DA HQ, so I would go one of two ways.  Either take an interrogator-chaplain in TDA to give them hatred (declaring a smite and then failing to hit is a punch in the gut), or take a librarian with a power field generator and prescience to give a devastator squad twinlinking and a 4+ invulnerable save.  For the troops...in your case, probably sniper scouts?  As for the knights, you'll want 6-7 men in the squad, more than that is wasteful, and the five man minimum just doesn't hit hard enough on the smite, although T5, WS5, and a 3++ makes them stupid hard to remove from the board.  

Just remember that it's majority toughness, and only models in contact with two other models get T5, so when you get under 3, it's only possible when not stuck in (forming a triangle), and any other time, it's critical to keep them in base with each other!  Taking more than five to start also helps keep the minimum number for maintaining T5, too!

"or take a librarian.."      **Eye starts to twitch**  I'm Templar remember, we hate witches! ;)

Thanks for the tip about the T5, I hadn't considered what happens when they get widdled down.  

"or take a librarian.." **Eye starts to twitch** I'm Templar remember, we hate witches! msn-wink.gif

Thanks for the tip about the T5, I hadn't considered what happens when they get widdled down.

You'll want the librarian for the divination.

Trust us. /人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\

I'm sorry all I heard was "You'll want HERESY........ " eek.gif

I had a small stroke after that and couldn't read the rest :lol: I honestly don't think I could field a librarian in a Templar list, it's just so... wrong ;) Besides I'm pretty sure my other models would kill him before I could get to the store teehee.gif

:D

Heresy aside...

Seriously though that's the whole point of Allies. Plug your gaps with someone else's units and to blazes with the fluff ...

... isn't it ?

Remember when all else fails you really do need a psyker ...

... Or Tau <_<

Cheers

I

Archived