"Oh that's just silly"

Niklaslinden

So I really want to hear about silly builds or ridiculous units and wargear loadouts that you've fielded or just thought of fielding just for gags. I believe there is some room in our codex to create that over-the-top feeling for a unit. It could be a whole silly army or just one ridiculous unit.

Maybe you've tried 30 deathcompany in a unit with a chaplain? Or maybe 10 vanguards with 19 handflamers and stuck them in a land raider redeemer even.. Or maybe just 10 vanguards with 19 infernus pistols biggrin.png

Oh, and dont forget allies. There's lots of things you can do with allies too. I mean take the 30 death company and chaplain and stick in an allied white scar HQ there to give them hit and run msn-wink.gif

I would love to hear what you've tried or want to try. smile.png

I've faced 15 footslogging DC generally bubble wrapped around the Sanguinor, and I forgot who was attached (either Astorath or another chaplain).

My opponent had been using that and making people run from it.  He was shocked when I assaulted it (with Dante and some Sanguinary Guard) and wiped him out.

30 DC with jump packs, 2 Thunder hammers each and Lemartes.  3000 points. 

I've faced 15 footslogging DC generally bubble wrapped around the Sanguinor, and I forgot who was attached (either Astorath or another chaplain).

My opponent had been using that and making people run from it.  He was shocked when I assaulted it (with Dante and some Sanguinary Guard) and wiped him out.

30 DC with jump packs, 2 Thunder hammers each and Lemartes.  3000 points. 

That is impressive! Cant imagine it could be done with only one unit of sanguinary guard though?

Dante has 7 attacks if there is a banner in the Sanguinary guard unit. The Sanguinary Guard would have 4 each... sooo 20 S5 ap3 attacks, 5 rerolls followed by 7 s6 ap2 axe attacks with 1 reroll. I'd expect that the sanguinary guard and dante would wipe out the DC only on a good day, and no way they'd kill 3 multi wound characters as well... they'd need to cause 22 unsaved wounds that also failed FNP... with 27 attacks.

quick (poor) mathhammer attempt:

20 attacks, 10 hit, reroll the five and get 12.5 hits.

12.5 hits nets most likely around 8 wounds.

8 wounds no saves but the DC do get FnP and should save 2.

so 6 dead DC.

I assume the sanguinor wasn't even in the combat as he wasn't joined to the unit.

Lemartes is Init 5 now that I think of it though... he has 3 attacks if he wasnt the one charging I think, he'd hit with 2, wound with 1 and the sanguinary guard would save though.

15 DC if they dont have init1 weapons would hit back with 45 attacks.

should get about 30 hits.

15 wounds.

2-3 die

Dante and Astorath fight a challenge (the other guy would be silly not to at least issue a challenge)

Dante has 7 attacks

hits with 4 thanks to a reroll (maybe)

wounds with 3

astorath takes 1.5 wounds.

Astorath has 4 attacks back (I think)

hits with 2

wounds with 1

probably causes a wound thanks to forcing the reroll.

so yeah... JamesI, you definitely punched well above your weight!

the other thing it does though, is demonstrate how unimpressive our CC characters are :P

Librarian

Corbulo

Allied Coteaz

10x Terminators w/ CML x2

or

Librarian

Corbulo

Allied Xenos Inquisitor w/ Rad & Pyschotroke Grendades, Liber Herisus, Pysker

10x TH/SS Terminators

Corbulo is probably the best thing in the BA codex if you want to field a Death Star type unit

^^^ You're capped at 10 Terminators in a squad. You could field a theoretical squad of 22 - 10x Terminators, 6x TDA Priests, 2x TDA HQ, 2x Allied Space Wolf TDA HQ, 2x Inquisition TDA HQ; but I think you're getting decreasing returns versus points invested.

What about the all dreadnought list with added libbynoughts and the chapnought from FW stuff ?

Apart from the chaplain dreadnought (which I am yet to purchase), I could make the army, and I know people on the internet have posted their ideas up, but always good to hear from those who have done it ?

I also have 30 death company models, but they have magnetised arms and backpacks, just don't happen to have 30x dual TH's spare :)

Corbulo is probably the best thing in the BA codex if you want to field a Death Star type unit

This.

Centurions with character support and Corbulo to tank is a tough tough unit.  Add in a librarian for gate, and its a tough tough teleporting unit!

What about the all dreadnought list with added libbynoughts and the chapnought from FW stuff ?

Apart from the chaplain dreadnought (which I am yet to purchase), I could make the army, and I know people on the internet have posted their ideas up, but always good to hear from those who have done it ?

I also have 30 death company models, but they have magnetised arms and backpacks, just don't happen to have 30x dual TH's spare smile.png

Yeah that is definitly crazy but very cool :D So you could take 5 deathcompany dreads plus 3 heavy plus 3 elites plus that guy from forgeworld :D

This.

Centurions with character support and Corbulo to tank is a tough tough unit.  Add in a librarian for gate, and its a tough tough teleporting unit!

hehe weell sticking corbulo with six devcents with 30 gravcannon and 18-36 boltershots sounds awesome ^^ maybe have a shield eternal HQ in there to..

Dante has 7 attacks if there is a banner in the Sanguinary guard unit. The Sanguinary Guard would have 4 each... sooo 20 S5 ap3 attacks, 5 rerolls followed by 7 s6 ap2 axe attacks with 1 reroll. I'd expect that the sanguinary guard and dante would wipe out the DC only on a good day, and no way they'd kill 3 multi wound characters as well... they'd need to cause 22 unsaved wounds that also failed FNP... with 27 attacks.

so 6 dead DC.

I assume the sanguinor wasn't even in the combat as he wasn't joined to the unit.

Lemartes is Init 5 now that I think of it though... he has 3 attacks if he wasnt the one charging I think, he'd hit with 2, wound with 1 and the sanguinary guard would save though.

15 wounds.

2-3 die

Dante and Astorath fight a challenge (the other guy would be silly not to at least issue a challenge)

Dante has 7 attacks

wounds with 3

hits with 2

wounds with 1

the other thing it does though, is demonstrate how unimpressive our CC characters are tongue.png

It was 5th edition when it happened, so all of my attacks were initiative 5 or 6 power weapons with no FNP allowed. So I pretty much wiped him out before he got to swing. I may have had a librarian and/or priest as well.

so 6 dead DC.

15 wounds.

2-3 die

Dante has 7 attacks

wounds with 3

hits with 2

wounds with 1

the other thing it does though, is demonstrate how unimpressive our CC characters are :P

Don't forget the shooting of infernus pistols before charging and then the overwatch!

I also have 30 death company models, but they have magnetised arms and backpacks, just don't happen to have 30x dual TH's spare smile.png

Yeah that is definitly crazy but very cool :D So you could take 5 deathcompany dreads plus 3 heavy plus 3 elites plus that guy from forgeworld :D
I wanna do a dread list:

3 fragiosos in pods,

3 dreads,

Bjorn and dread as allies - but there's a sm guy who gives dreads as troops isn't there, so probably him... And them!?!

30 DC = 6 proper dreads too! Shame you can't put them all in ravens though.

But to be realistic, gotta stay under 3k pts. That's prob way over. Could field Astorath and have 6 x 30 DC - for a whopping 36 DC dreads - but my fantasy has now spiraled right out of control!!

Those dreads still take up troop slots, so you'd have a maximum of 12 DC units above 2k.

Woah! 5DC + 1 DC dread = 2 troops?!?!?

School boy error! Thanks K&F. I've always got that wrong then, still never fielded an illegal list, just got the wrong end of the stick- thought it was like a transport because it says: for every 5 DC you are allowed 1 dread! 'Course it's a slot!!

Well I'd like to max out however it's done!

A unit of 30 death company on foot, with Corbulo, Astorath, and Lemartes. Throw a Librarian just for fun.

In actuality I want to run 30 foot slogging death company with mostly bolters and maybe 2 or 3 anti tank/MC/walker weapons. Should be around 600 points, so plently left for other stuff. I think this unit would work very well for distracting most opponents. The unit exists to slow down the enemy as much as possible while the rest of my Army completes objectives.

Ive also wondered about 30 jump pack DC with Dante for fun.

Archived