~Firefall, Fire Hawks Disposition, Badab schism~

paz

this is amazing stuff!!

i was just trying to convince myself NOT to start a fire hawks force and bang this falls from the sky...

great conversion on the CML by the way

keep it up

Tomsev

Simply amazing work! thumbsup.gif Stibor Lazaerek (concept, conversion and paint job) is exceptionally good. Wouldn't mind seeing him with the thunder hammer when you get chance.

Look forward to your next update. Keep up the good work!

Between this project and Heathen's Lamenters/Heinrich's Executioners, it seems Badab is the new Black msn-wink.gif (sorry, couldn't resist blush.png)

Wow guys, thanks for the comments and appreciation!

jeremy1391, Brother heinrich, masterBuilder, The_chaplain, Squeaky, Zhoolda, Anaziel, Brother Syth, Greyall, Asamodai, Xavier Targhost, The Yak, Honda, Tomsev, SinCain, Batu, Sugar-free- Thanks brothers, def. helps motivation for getting these hawks all done (hopefully for adepticon next year...?)

EPK- haha, thanks! it helps that the hawks have a lot of winged iconography, I can pretty much convert most DA stuff into hawks.

Disruptor_fe404- I see Elam's helmet to work kinda like a mechanical lift, sitting above his head so he doesnt have to sully his knifin' hands with general helmet on/off actions. Kinda like Greek statues and images wearing the helmet up on the top. 

Sanguinius Reborn- Thanks! Stibor is such a crotchety old coot, I just love his fluff. And I do have a sargeant Centurius in a squad! Subtle rendition, but fun for the fluff brothers.

Spaced Hulk- Man, Badab is totally the new black. So much potential for cool space marine/space marine battles without investing in 30k.

(Tho I actually have quite a bit of 30k stuff in here, such as palatine blades converted to be honour guard!!)

I see Elam's helmet to work kinda like a mechanical lift, sitting above his head so he doesnt have to sully his knifin' hands with general helmet on/off actions. Kinda like Greek statues and images wearing the helmet up on the top.

That's definitely what I was reminded of when I saw your Elam!

Cannot wait to see more of these.

Badab is sooo the new black. I did a small Sons of Medusa force a while ago, and found it great fighting small battles with another mate with Mantis Warriors.

I'm stuck on my Imperial Fists at the moment, but I think another Hasan Chapter is calling me... And fire hawks do have lovely rules.

Makes me think of the 'if I had a tail' video by Queens of the Stone Age - the tagline for the animation is 'burn it all down...'

Rather apt I thought!

Athrawes- Glad you liked it! 40k has such rich visual imagery, its almost too easy to draw inspiration from such fantastic writers as Alan Blithe and ADB or Abnett.

I've got some other sketches like this of major Fire Hawks Characters, I'll try and throw em up soon!

Fission- thanks brother! Praise from the 'artsy' chapter, the hawks are gratified! tongue.png

Olisredan- And I appreciate it! All the love has really inspired me to paint a lot more, actually almost done the termies, will have them up soon!

Dorns_fist- fanks!

Olgerth Istaarn- Its from... master of the marches, apoc release I think? The master of the chapter reading from a huge scroll. I sneakily used that head for Elam.

Sentinel guy- Kind of an inside joke actually. My buddy plays draigowing (or did, now he's a dirty tau xenos lover) so the head is actually Kaldor Draigo, wearing a guard respirator (I wish I had like a million of those bitz, so cool for humans).

Masterbuilder- funny you should say that, I actually started Sons of Medusaas a test before fire hawks, planning on converting up the Sons' super techmarine dude. Ended up going for the cleaning flame and glorious smell of promethium instead.

I just ran the hawks in a local astro-style tournament, and won best general! 3-0, and the final battle (which was epic, genestealer blips everywhere and heavy rain causing night-fight 24/7) I fought Red Corsairs, and Stibor murdered Huron in CC!!! Forged the throne out of that narrative lol.

Beautiful models and the artwork of Elam looks awesome. You've really managed to capture the essence of the Fire Hawks with your conversions and painting.

Can't wait to see what you do next, so keep up the good work :tu:

Amazing models! I agree with everyone else that Stibor lazaerek is awesome, but my favourite has to be Knight-Terminator Vorn. Great greenstuff work with the missiles, and an amazing pose which immediately brougth this quote from the old apocalypse book to my mind:

"Enemy fighter craft incoming on heading 10-19.

Please watch for falling debris..."

Archived