Adeptus Mechanicus for Allies!

DarthAngel

Greetings!

I've been working on my Iron Hands' Clan Raukaan army and while I was reading through some fluff/general discussion/tactics, some Adeptus Mechanicus conversions caught my eye. So I started thinking of taking them as allies for my Raukaan (absolutely fantastic opportunity for using Knights or/and taking Inquisition/IG/GK as allies AND stay true to the fluff!)

I took my bits box last night thinking if there were any parts that I could use to make any conversions of Thralls, Skitarii etc. After a while I was holding a Dark Eldar Talos body.. Cyborg-walker! Here's a picture of the work so far.

gallery_75096_9359_786537.jpg

He's still missing lower-section of his body, I'm still battling with myself whether to make him stand on two robotic legs (IG Sentinel??) or with Necron Wraith -like whip-tail..

So throw some comments on the model and more than that, help me to decide which codex should I use to ally with the Raukaan? I've been thinking GK, IG, Inq. and even Tau (would that go over the top?) And what should this guy ^ play for?

Well,

Just wow

I've seen a lot of these around my local meta and on this here interwebs. But I think that has so much potential. It looks like a thing. I know that sounds uneducated, but almost as if it was a genuine mechanicus creation straight out of one of the books! I personally think in this case a more wraithy tail would suit the hunched carapace nicely.

In regards to its use?

You could go all the way,and use dark angels.

A hatred of the dark mechanicum(inner circle thingy) and the inability to care about losses (grim resolve ) right there is a land speeder. Then you could go ahead and use a company master with the 3++ teleporter thing as your magos and so on. I dunno. Just a thought for you

Hope it helps

Snook

I like it a lot - excellent use of bitz there.

I don't know how proficient you are with green stuff but it'll be a good idea to cover the lower part of the body with robes... See the WHFB undead range for references.

As to the allies, what could it pass for? Enginseer? Maybe the rumored IG codex will give you inspiration...

Looks great! It has some similarities with Forge World's Magos Dominus, yet is distinctly different at the same time. And as forte said, could easily work for Dark Mechanicus too.

As for what rules to use, how about making (at least) two more and using them as centurions? wink.png

Wow.. Thank you guys, what you've said really means much to me. Thank you. :)

I'll hold on to the DA idea, wonder why I hadn't thought of that. And one of my original options using him was as a centurion, I was first longing for FW Auxilia Myrmidons.. But we'll see. And now that you all liked the conversion so much I'm definitely making at least two more!

Again thank you, I'm glad you like him! I'll post some pics next week when I've finished him and hopefully painted too!

Here's more pics of the project so far:

gallery_75096_9359_49284.jpg

gallery_75096_9359_76453.jpg

gallery_75096_9359_98586.jpg

As you can see I've attached the tail and added some wires coming out of his back.

Now I thought about Semper's suggestion of using DA codex, and I liked the idea so much that I'm probably building 4 more of these and play them as Black Knights. They're fast, S5 (from hammer), T5 (bike) and special weapons would suit the models well and my current army bulk needed some of that anti-TEQ weaponry.

Only that I have to tinker new arms.. was thinking smaller, more robotic arms and make the plasma-talons look something like SM techmarine's harness' plasma cutter.

Thoughts?

Oh you're right! Sincerest apologies Nova :/ I probably got confused since I saw that Semper PLAYS Dark Angels.. But anyhow thanks for the idea! What do you think of the Black Knights idea? Would the model be sufficient to play as bikes?

• 2 weeks later...

The progress on the "Wraiths", or as I've now named them, "Hunter-killer Praetorians" has moved forward in a such way that I've finished building the first one and later this week (hope so) 4 more will arrive on the mail! So a furious model building will start no later than this weekend! I still haven't painted the "prototype" model (mainly because I'm still thinking about the robes problem) and I'll post some new pics of the progress I've made when he's done..

New ideas on the allies, I have come up with a start of the background on the Admech allies force. They're gonna be representing an sub-organisation of the Adeptus Mechanicus called "Omnissah's Eye", a specially trained group of Tech-priests (Librarians/Techmarines), Skitarii commandos (Space Marine Scouts) and "Hunter-killer" Praetorian Servitors (Black Knights) as well as a group of Auxilia Myrmidons (Deathwing Terminators) that have offered to lend their "expertise". They're used as recon/assassination force by the Fabricator-generals of Mars but mostly operate independently, searching uncharted planets for ancient technology or hunting down the most infamous hereteks.

I'm using DA Librarian's rules for my Tech-priest (maybe a Magus even) who's a logis. He's going to be a bit "goofy" character, always squabbling with his gadgets and getting in trouble (getting closer to the story how our two forces met in the first place). Divination build's powers are (at least in my opinion) an excellent way to represent all the radars, heat-sensors and the craft of math this guy possesses. And I think the psychic tests demonstrate quite well our "hero's" random success to find the right monitor in time or calculating the events pre-handed (or overheating one of his neuro-chips = Perils of the Warp)!

So stay patient, more pics (and hopefully more background/new ideas) next week! And please continue on the feedback (which has been invaluable so far)!

Unit more or less built, wires and some of the antennas and weaponry still undone but nevertheless here's the lot (except for the so-called "prototype model" cause I ain't happy with him at the moment... But as I said, here's the rest, enjoy:

gallery_75096_9359_1042608.jpg

I was espiaclly pleased with the "champion" model, he really will look like he storms from under the ground when I get his base done.. ;)

gallery_75096_9359_979694.jpg

Hope you enjoy :) And hope I'll get them finished soon! Also, I'm having a game tomorrow so I'll be writing a battle report soon (hopefully with pics).

Stay tuned for more!

Very cool! I just realized that these are quite similar to the operating robots/servitors (I think they were that anyway) you see in the Adeptus Mechanicus research facility in the Space Marine video game.

Thank you all! About what you said Telhdrat, I really had to check the video game and I've got to admit that you're right! :D I've been feeling ill couple of days and the project has been on ice but I'm trying to finish the unit by end of the next week!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

Sorry for the pause, things at work have recently eaten me up so I hadn't got any energy to work on the servitors.. Until yesterday when I got my "prototype" model painted! I'll post the latest pics later today on this thread (working with this tablet is pure murder..) but you can find the pics already from the gallery. ;)

Evening all!

As promised, here's the "prototype" praetorian painted (he's missing his right arm 'cause.. Well it's missing..)

gallery_75096_9359_49226.jpg

sorry for the guite blurry pics, my camera is also... missing (spring cleaning - eradicate and lose everything useful)

gallery_75096_9359_49510.jpg

After I got him done and did put him next to the Raukaanians, I got a little off-the-lot vibe from him. So I made a Admech Tactical Squad (or maybe aspiring techmarines?) and got the first one painted right away.

gallery_75096_9359_12915.jpg

gallery_75096_9359_49794.jpg

gallery_75096_9359_49944.jpg

gallery_75096_9359_13095.jpg

I probably have to tinker a bit the rest of the squad so I won't post any pics from them but I still have one more pic for all Admech fans to judge.

gallery_75096_9359_59213.jpg

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Dunno what the heck it is but it's gonna stay (it's probably going to play as either an attack bike or as a land speeder, time will tell as I'll get it finished)

More to come - soon.

I've now built the first six marines (still have to dig for 4 more) for the Squad and will paint at least two of them tomorrow. The bug thing is altered a bit, re-positioning the tentacles to wail behind it (got a bit of a Matrix hunter-killer look). I'll post some pics to show how I've done.

Hi!

Like promised, here are the latest models for the Admech-style Tactical Squad. Hope you'll like them.

Here's the unit together as it stands at the moment

gallery_75096_9359_4841.jpg

First my multimelta trooper with a neat servo-drill on his power unit.

gallery_75096_9359_102305.jpg

This brother is missing his boltgun's barrel, will take care of it as soon as I can find the proper part

gallery_75096_9359_83819.jpg

Lastly there's the squad sergeant, packing his mean chainsword-arm and combi-flamer.

gallery_75096_9359_98659.jpg

That's it for the moment! Hope you'll enjoy the work so far!

Archived