Adeptus Mechanicus for Allies!

DarthAngel

Time to post some WIP pics of the "big boys" I managed to more-or-less finish up yesterday

So 2 out of 3 knights as they stand now (bases are still undone because I have problems deciding the theme..)

gallery_75096_9359_505160.jpg

As you can see I wanted to make each of them unique and painted the shoulders and shields with iconography showing each of the warrior-noble's own colours.

gallery_75096_9359_789968.jpg

Other thing I decided before painting was to include as much free-hand painting as I could.

gallery_75096_9359_1088872.jpg

This guy has been honoured by the Collegia Titanicus by allowing their Icon to be painted on his suit (he acts as my Seneschal and the leader of the bunch)

gallery_75096_9359_442963.jpg

gallery_75096_9359_792972.jpg

House I finally decided to take under my wing was the House Krast (both their on fluff, combining it with my current forces and to combine all my colour-schemes down nicely.)

gallery_75096_9359_597576.jpg

gallery_75096_9359_352446.jpg

Thanks Vel'Cona! Yes, the industrial Mars -feeling was exactly the "thing" I was trying to accomplish!

For the bases... I'm in a two-way cross-road at the moment.. First option would be to continue the "industrial ash-world" -theme that I've started on my Iron Hands.. And the other includes some Martian Ironearth and hopefully "little martians" to support the Knights.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

While waiting for my Skitarii batch to arrive I started to think possible allies that could make neat HQ for my AdMech force and after toying with idea of an Explorator team led by an ancient and somewhat deranged Magos, I searched the depths my bits box and began putting pieces together, really letting the inspiration flow out on the model. After 5 days of work I had finished something I now call..

Magos Eplorator Agrianos, leader of the Exploration Fleet 73

From the beginning I had the idea of a tech-priest that was more machine than a man and although I wanted to make his organic parts be a remainder that he has been a man once, I wanted him to have a horrific, disturbing look. His head is organic but is attached to his body with bionics. This little detail really gives the model a horror-movie, cyborg -kind of look that I was aiming.

gallery_75096_9359_896729.jpg

I may have over-do the model with all the accessories but all the parts fitting so well and making the model truly unique, I was really proud of my work.

gallery_75096_9359_221302.jpg

gallery_75096_9359_1018379.jpg

Rules-wise he's supposed to act as an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with conversion beamer and all the fancy grenades. May also go for a Malleus one with terminator armour and psycannon but at the moment the rad and the psychotroke grenades together with the vanguards' rad -ability, that -2 to enemy's T just sounds too nasty to pass!

gallery_75096_9359_176465.jpg

A guidance tablet for the suits weapons system.

gallery_75096_9359_507705.jpg

The sacred STC -parchment is one of the little details that really breathe the life into the model.

gallery_75096_9359_1233380.jpg

So here he is! I had so much fun putting him together and he definitely gave some ideas for the rest of his team-members.

Can't wait to get him painted and I'm sure he'll be a nice asset for the Skitarii on table top, be it rainig fire support from afar or taking it up close and debuff the enemy, making them vulnerable for counter attacks!

Archived