super heavy walkers and difficult terrain

nurglez

Forgive me if this has been asked before, did a quick search and couldn't see anything relevant.

So Super heavy walkers move 12, and move just like walkers. they also have move through cover.

So what happens when they move through difficult terrain?

As I cant seem to find any rules regarding walkers that can move 12 being slowed by difficult terrain.

I'd assume that you roll the 3d6, pick the highest and double it.

Or does it just always move 12?

Super-heavy Walkers can move 12" in the Movement phase unless specified otherwise. Apart from this, they obey the movement rules for Walkers. In addition, Super-heavy Walkers cannot fire Overwatch.

So when moving through terrain they move as a normal walker with Move Through Cover (which all super-heavies have) so roll 3D6 and pick the highest to see how far they can go.

Which means 1-6" depending on how blessed/cursed your dice are.

There's some nice, clean, quoted, RAW for you... ;)

This always bugged me. The best homefix for this I've seen is 3d6 pick the highest and multiply it by two. Tanks aren't slowed and walkers are supposed to be superior, especially super heavy ones, in regards to traversing terrain.

You would assume that a Super Heavy Walker would just squash trees, or brush over ruins, and not be slowed by Difficult Terrain.

Sadly, this is another case of GW rules oversightes, or lazy rule making.

Super Heavy Walkers obey the movement rules for Walkers.  Walkers move like Infantry and are effected by Difficult Terrain just like Infantry.  So Super Heavy Walkers are effected by Terrain just like Infantry...

/sigh

Archived