Battle Company project.

Reldn

Hello everyone. Only recently did I come back from a very long hiatus from the hobby/gaming side 40k, and I wanted to restart my Imperial Fists 2nd Company project...Well, I recently discovered that no matter what I do yellow just seems to be impossible for me to do right...That, and I just suck at painting in general (I can even manage to screw up spraying on primer tongue.png)

So, I've shelved it again, and am taking up a new full company project: The Salamanders 2nd company! At the moment I've no pictures, so, this will primarily be just an outline of what I intend to do for the time being.

Pellas Mir'San (Just gotta find the right bits to kitbash him together)

Chaplain

Apothecary

Standard Bearer

7 Tactical squads with special and heavy weaponry magnetized 0/70

2 Assault squads with jump-packs and regular backpacks magnetized 14/20

3 Devastator squads that will be magnetized in some way 0/30

Rhinos

Dreadnoughts

Not going to worry about Bikes and Speeders.

Also, Vulkan and maybe a squad of TH/SS Termies, because...Y'know...Salamanders biggrin.png

Updates and progress will be sparse on this project as it is going to take a long, long time to come together, and even longer to paint... I've got some green paints coming to me, since I somehow had NO greens amongst all the paints I own, and will get some photos up of my Magnetizing efforts. Hopefully I can keep my fire burning and actually make progress on this project.

EDIT: I also intend to do something a bit different in regards to bases. It seems a lot of times with Sallies you see them on Lava bases. I feel like going in the opposite direction and having them on snowy bases.

Yep, I plan on posting up some pics of the Assault Marines after I get them magnetized. Perhaps even including a short tutorial on how I did it.

Herein lies my progress thus far:

Torsos and Regular Backpacks have 1/8 x 1/32 Magnets

Jump Packs have 1/8 x 3/32 Magnets in them

The Sergeant uses 1/16 x 1/32 Magnets for arms and weaponry.

EDIT: Is there another way for me to get my pictures onto here without linking to my gallery all the time?

Archived