We at least got Sorcerer lords back

daboarder

So with the new relics in crimson slaughter it is possible to run a truly beat stick sorcerer "lord" of nurgle again.

consider the following

Sorcerer, MoN, Palaquin, 2+, IWND, 4++, ML3 (div relic optional but recommended), Force Axe

I call it the "yes my sorcerer has as many wounds as your chapter master, and yes he is going to smash your face in" sorcerer.

or the truly sickening Nurgle lords

Lord, MoN, 2+, IWND, 4++, Palaquin, FC, Rage, Hammer of Wrath, Weapon of choice.

"Whats that juggerlord? I can't hear you over face smashing more wounds than a chapter master......"

pfft I was running terminators anyway.

I like it more on the Sorcerer though.

sure its clocking 200+ points

BUT its saving my 100 or so as I would run JUST that, as opposed to a regular ML3 termi sorc and typhus

Problem still is that the sorcerer doesnt unlock Plague marines, and thats a real shame. Since such a sorcerer does a lot more for your army then a lord, which really wants to get into close combat, and thus needs a fast way of transporting (possessed beasts, bikers, spawn, raider)

Hopefully when a Nurgle supplement finally comes out they'll make it so plague marines are troops then I can take my sorcerer. I think the thing that makes the sorcerer better than the chapter master is he can use psychic powers like biomancy which can do even more damage though all it takes is a bad boon roll and he becomes a spawn

To be fair, i think when in a plague marines the sorcerer is better over a lord, because he can buff plague marines. That was less important before crimson slaughter, because telepathy only has 1 or 2 that are useful. But Divination has ONLY good ones. There is nothing that is bad. Yes, there is 1 that can be less good, but all buff plague marines in what they are doing, wether that is just not dying while on an objective or clearing an enemy objective.

All the lord does is killing, and if he is not in combat, he is wasted points, which is why i prefer the Sorcerer so much more.. Sadly, need a lord for plague marines troops :(

Archived