Pre Heresy World Eaters WIPS

LaCroix

After a lot of bugging and begging from Jaspcat i finally decided to start a wip thread

need to take some more pics but here's a start

The start of my predator

gallery_62010_9204_39300.jpg

Breacher -- not sure about the shield colour

gallery_62010_9204_29222.jpg

And Larry

gallery_62010_9204_6836.jpg

will get some more pics on the go when im not half asleep

Larry's looking good as does the Rhino! :tu:

The shield color of the breacher looks fine to me - although the photo angle is not helping much... I think the metal part of the helmet is too striking. Maybe tone down the shinyness a bit?

Nice work with the white.

Thanks Captain Semper i think i forgot to wash the faceplate on the helmet 

the predator i was playing with some chipping medium, kinda wishing i did it to larry too

the white is simply just vallejo grey primer, washed with army painter dark tone and then airbrushed white in a downwards motion head down

then playing with sepia wash, dark ton and various levels of grime

Nice start :)

I think with the breacher marine - the face shine definitely could use a little toning down with a wash, but you know that already :)  My issue with it is mixing two prime colours so heavily.  Red and Blue right next to each other ?  Not really working for me, I would ditch the red guns and go black/gunmetal, and keep the blue shield.  Blue is part of the WE colour scheme, the red clashes heavily imho :)

Hope to help!

Brother that predator interior is awesome, I'm sadly not going that far as I'm one of the most fussy painters who can't take his time ;)

Loving Larry hardcore though, just means I'll have to get a new dred to play with

i may play around with the red and blue as some heavy weathering may bring it down so its not so stand out ish

just need some time to get on with it-- stupid needing a job to buy resin and plastic crack

i do have some almost finished rampagers that i'll take some pics of tonight-- well the ones that are closer to being finished that is and not the ones i forgot to paint bits of...

when i have the cash Jaspcat 

think i can do a 10 or 15 man squad atm by raiding my word bearers just need more bits or kitbash like crazy 

ive known britain since he started at ttp as a jr i just love giving him hell

cheers guys. 

doing a pre heresy army is very different from my usual blood angels and astral claws. atm a lot more fun plus airbrush makes things easier.

with Jaspcat bugging me regularly is should keep things up.  

ok Khârn finally arived. pretty decent cast only a few mold lines to remove. cutter and gorechild worry my a lot. so thin....

the head/helmet looks a bit odd too as the neck bits are off centre

worked on a apothecary last night so hopefully some pics later on after work

Archived