Porta-racks

Sentinel Guy

For a few measly points I actually quite like the old pocket wrack.  I have been running it on a company master with artificer armour and the relic mace and along with his assault squad, he always seems to disrupt the enemy enough to buy my bolter banner horde time to shoot the rest of the army to bits.

Does anyone else make use of the wrack?

Have always been tempted to but never took the plunge! I think it's mainly because I've only ever run a company master a handful of times and never got the urge to (I've liked Int-Chaps/Libbies better for their supporting traits).

As you said, it's only 10 points and getting a character kill isn't too hard in most games especially with a relic mace.  I think people focus on the [understandably] useless tele-homer/beacon aspect but preferred enemy is pretty good, especially if you end up moving him into a unit of terminators.  If I recall the rule says the bearer specifically must kill the character and not his unit, so an opponent can simply decline challenges until the rest of the squad takes them out.

I think of it like this -

If my opponent refuses tha challenge then I mince his unit with my master and squad. If he accepts then I slaughter the character and my squad gains preferred enemy so get to bust up the enemy squad in their initiative step.

Also remember he gets fear as well. I have pulled off some fun stuff with fear in the past.

Archived