Atmospheric Wargaming [not mine]

Kastor Krieg

Nice find! Some really nice photos in there. Certainly food for thought on trying my own....

Whilst the lighting / atmosphere is *really* good I think there is some more that could be done to force perspective / scale.

See this link for some inspiration: http://petapixel.com/2013/10/14/life-like-miniature-scenes-shot-using-model-cars-forced-perspective-250-ps/

Fantastic. My brain automatically started playing it out as a film reel as I flicked through complete with sound effects. That would make a fantastic 40k film, have the Guard holding a battered and broken planet, the faceless and emotionless enemy horde of Tyranid closing in only to have the Angels of Death strike down and repel the wave. The end would be the Hive mustering a second wave to throw against the depleted Imperium. 

Had to have a quick go at this myself... I don't have any scenery, let alone a board - so it's not quite the same thing!

Reasonably pleased with this one:

test3.jpg

And there's also this one:

test2.jpg

Might break out the incencse and a backdrop at the weekend and have another play :D

Hope not too much of a thread hi-jack Kastor Krieg!

The Storm Raven scene sucks so bad that I couldn't take anything after it seriously.

A stock SR next to Space Marines, with the lighting that tries OH SO HARD to make it look real... is hilarious. There is no way six of those huge mofos could have flown in on that silly stubby bird. No way in any universe. Not even if I screw my eyes shut real tight and say "rule of cool" three times while spinning counterclockwise.

If he'd stuck on the Chapterhouse Extend-A-Raven kit on it, it might have worked. Stock SR... no way. Sorry not sorry. The stock Raven is an OK model on tabletop even without the extension kit, but there is absolutely NO WAY it can even pretend to look real in this kind of a shot. The photog would have been better off using a Rhino.

Archived