DIY Anphelion base WiP

As some long timers know: i love plastic card (and if you have any sheets just lying around doing nothing...i know a good place to donate them to smile.png )

I have been wanting to recreate the anphelion base for some time as i like the whole look of it...i want to give it my own touch though, never beeing one to blatantly copy something

Here are a few shots of the current status

The doors will be open, what you currently see is basicly a mockup of the doors

base2

I'm wondering if i should raise the walkways to be able to show piping underneath or if i should just leave it as it is now and just place floor grating over it

base3

There will be 2 rooms in this, one barrack/sleep/living quarter, 1 research room and i'm contemplating if i'll create an open vehicle maintenance bay (dont have the PS on stock for that though)

base4

Any suggestions or criticism are welcome!

Lorien

That shows so much promise.

I'd put a vote in for raised floor with piping under. Even if only in some areas. Or just a grill flooring.

http://application.denofgeek.com/images/m/corridors/Alien.jpg

I like it!

I have an Anphelion Landing pad I'm looking to sell if you're interested actually?

No thanks.gif

To be honnest if there is going to be a landing pad i'll make myself

And another thing: no trading or selling on the BnC, even though you ment it well :)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/22-rules-of-the-bc/

I think the best thing to do is Ebay it AngelsAbsolute, i have done so with tons of items i created or painted

Lorien

Progress:

Constructing the removable roof, and the doorway/entry

base5

As you can see i still need to build the floor grating and such, but my way of building is to first have the basic stuff finished and then add detail

base6

The door is also removable: if i take of the roof i can lift the assembled door out and replace it by a to be build closed one

base7

The harder part is making a removable roof for the t junction, but i allready have a couple of ideas on how to do that.

Criticism and suggestions are welcome

Lorien

Oh sweet!

I've always wanted to do something like this. Just don't have the time/space.

Excellent work so far!

What will you use for the floor grating? I have a couple of types of plastic mesh which are supposed to be used in the bottom of plant pots, which look good as flooring mesh (the plastic doesn't take paint so well so you need to spray the undercoat on, then it's fine).

Some wall consoles would help to furnish it (spares from inside a rhino or raider, for example), plus the Battlefield Debris kit is -I think- the one WarriorFish was referring to.

• 4 weeks later...

Love it !!!
been dreaming of something like that for quite a while
I can see bad breath genestealers running in those corridors biggrin.png
http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/blog_post/primary_image/mzs/the-unloved-part-1-alien-3-david-fincher-sigourney-weaver-feminism-science-fiction-heroine/primary_ripley-alien-3.jpg

I worked on a similar project for another game system creating sewages.
In the end it's all about playability with the details you will add.
You don't want them to block too many lines of fire, your hands and your models to fit in too (carnifex size?).

Kierdel's idea of mesh is great such as Forte's tubes. The more texture the better but keep in mind the stability of the minis.
My idea was to cast segments that you could add to create a modular base for games.
You should think about it maybe. 2 or 3 well thought sections could be infinitely multiplied. They could help you design, lead or delimit a larger space or room becoming your walls as in a blueprint (so no empty playing space on your board) and with a few crates or other small pieces of decor (pillars, cranes... ) you could create sections completely different one from another.
A long complex could be really fun to play with fast attack troops giving smaller defenders a more interesting playability than just cannon fooders.
You have doors that could be sealed like in the "Aliens" movie on an initiative roll of dice. Maybe opened or condemned by techmarines (hostiles) too. A stupid alien would be clueless and would have to circulate the corridors giving the opponent time to converge to strategic positions (or not if too slow)
Possibilities are quite numerous.
I'm already a big fan !!

Archived