Kitbashing with the tac squad/veteran kits?

Urauloth

I haven't tried this yet - I've recently come back from a P&M hiatus, and prior to that I hadn't worked on anything that wasn't a Space Wolf for a while. Now, I know last year's loyalist tactical squad kitbashes really well with wolves, but I'm really curious to know how well it meshes with the CSM line. There's a lot of nice stuff in there (especially those posed boltgun arms) that I'd like to take a shot at incorporating next time I build a squad. I'm interested in feedback from people who've done this kind of thing already.

So, have any of you used parts from the tac squad, and how did it go? What did you find useful? What works well, and what doesn't? How much did you need to do in the way of sculpting/modification? What about the veteran kits? Do you have pictures? (and so on)

The Traitor line matches up perfectly with the Loyalist lines. As you go through a lot of the Chaos WIP threads you'll probably notice a few loyalist bits thrown in for good measure. The only caveat is that the berserker backpacks don't fit onto everything else quite perfectly (because they're old) and the new Raptor torsos are sculpted specifically to fit their jump packs. Everything else is good as gold :)

Aren't the new kits made with reversed pegs, so you have to trim them off to fit the torso together?

Not that tricky to do really.

Yea, I know. Just figured that that was one of those modifications that Ghost wanted to know about. Of course, it is easily solved by just keeping torso front and backs together. 

Aren't the new kits made with reversed pegs, so you have to trim them off to fit the torso together?

Not that tricky to do really.
Yea, I know. Just figured that that was one of those modifications that Ghost wanted to know about. Of course, it is easily solved by just keeping torso front and backs together.

To be honest, I hadn't even noticed the change. I usually try and use the front and back from the same kit as sometimes some details go right round. But you did make a valid point.

I haven't tried this yet - I've recently come back from a P&M hiatus, and prior to that I hadn't worked on anything that wasn't a Space Wolf for a while. Now, I know last year's loyalist tactical squad kitbashes really well with wolves, but I'm really curious to know how well it meshes with the CSM line. There's a lot of nice stuff in there (especially those posed boltgun arms) that I'd like to take a shot at incorporating next time I build a squad. I'm interested in feedback from people who've done this kind of thing already.

So, have any of you used parts from the tac squad, and how did it go? What did you find useful? What works well, and what doesn't? How much did you need to do in the way of sculpting/modification? What about the veteran kits? Do you have pictures? (and so on)

I did this with my csm's and it worked out really well. I wanted them to look less baroque and mutated and also as if they had scavenged some of they're gear. I threw in some horus heresy bits too. Chaos doesn't have to mean mutated beyond reason.

Archived