Thinking of starting Dark Angels, RavenWing heavy..

Merellin

So, I still realy like the Dark Angels models.. (The robes, The Ravenwing bikers, The special landspeeders, The flyers, The Deathwing Knights..) and I want a Biker army.. So I was thinking White Scars or Eldar.. Then I rememberd Dark Angels and their Ravenwing! So yeah, I'm considering starting Dark Angels and doing a Ravenwing heavy army, With some Deathwing..

Well, I want to use the color scheme of the Guardians of the Covenant. So it would be more, Silver and red with some black.. XD I realy like that color scheme..Would Ravenwing heavy with Some Deathwing Knights and a DA flyer and one of the DA specific landspeeders work?

Darkshroud is definately a good adition to the RW force, it's a good tool. DWK can work provided you know how to play them. Remember that RW are an army that depends on agility so once you unleash the DWK they will be left almost on their own if the bikes go elsewhere. So you have to plan acccordingly.

What are the White Scars advantage over Ravenwing? As I remember back when the Space Marine codex came out everyone said White Scars where so much better then Ravenwing. Is it just the grav guns? Or the scout? Because I seem to recall Ravenwing have Hit and Run just like White Scars do.. (Ravenwing also have the advantage of looking cooler..=P)

I don't know about you personally but here is my take. I like having unique stuff to a certain point. Most people when they want a "bike army" are told to look at WS because they are "better" if you like the robes and everything else you listed go DA. You've got the color scheme down you have pretty good rules I think and if you want to later throw in termi's that score you can or use DWK's you've already got teleport homers. Not a bad addition to scouting bikes. Plus our AB's score so even more bonus.

What are the White Scars advantage over Ravenwing? As I remember back when the Space Marine codex came out everyone said White Scars where so much better then Ravenwing. Is it just the grav guns? Or the scout? Because I seem to recall Ravenwing have Hit and Run just like White Scars do.. (Ravenwing also have the advantage of looking cooler..=P)

I wouldnt say one has advantage over the other per-se...   They just work differently, mostly on an organizational level.  

Per troops choice 

WS = Ten scoring bikes in up to two combat squads with two special weapons

RW = 6 scoring bikes  in up to two combat squads with two special weapons, a scoring Attack bike and a non scoring Land speeder of any type.

For White Scars to bring Attack Bikes or Land Speeders they must bring a squadron and eat a FA slot to do it.  I still run my Attack Bikes and Speeders together like they are squadrons but really, I am running two units of attack bikes that must be shot at seperately and can shoot at different targets in the shooting phase.  Same goes for my three speeders, 

That is the base unit.  Before we get into twin linked plasma talons on knights...   Or our buffing speeders or buffing command squads or....

Oh oh oh! What one of the Dark Angels flyers are the best? I know everyone says they both suck, but I like the looks of them and want to run one. happy.png

Oh! And also! If you combat squad a unit, Does it count as 2 units for victory points and such?

Oh oh oh! What one of the Dark Angels flyers are the best? I know everyone says they both suck, but I like the looks of them and want to run one. happy.png

Oh! And also! If you combat squad a unit, Does it count as 2 units for victory points and such?

"Suck is a strong word..."

Well... If you are tooling for horde like Lucifer says and you are running a command squad with a Banner of Devastation then I would go for the Dark Talon. If you time it right and get it next to the banner it will pump out 24 dice worth of bolter fire at 24"...

But both the flyers are good at what they do (they're both ground attack regardless what the fluff says), it's just that they are more expensive than their competition.

Magnetize it so it is switchable. It is stupidly easy to do...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/271107-magnetizing-your-nephilimdark-talon/

Archived