New Night Lords bits from Forge World

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/nl-mkIV-torsos.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/nl-mkIV-heads.jpg

£11 each in the UK. The helms are the best they have done personally. A Kill Team would hit about £100 with the parts I'd want to use.

They are very nice but they don't mesh well with the direction that chaos models are going. Great for 30k.

Don't see why not. Not all traitors would look like the Crimson Slaughter warped and ornamented style.

They are very nice but they don't mesh well with the direction that chaos models are going. Great for 30k.

Don't see why not. Not all traitors would look like the Crimson Slaughter warped and ornamented style.
No they wouldn't all but really if you're going to spend 10,000 years in the warp it's going to change you. Really just the ones dwelling outside the EOT would still possibly look like this.

I have been holding off a Forge World order for some time now, looks like that just changed!!

I love both kits, I think they capture the look, the feel, the fabric of our lives...

I already knew that my NL warband was going to be serious investment, this confirms that fact!!

End of Line

No they wouldn't all but really if you're going to spend 10,000 years in the warp it's going to change you. Really just the ones dwelling outside the EOT would still possibly look like this.

Sure, but does it have to be tentacles all the time?

Where are the tentacles on the warp talons?

Time flows differently in the warp. Who's to say that a warband have only been in the eye for a century or two but 10,000 years have passed in the materium.

I can see uses for these for some Word Bearers acolytes/apostles extra evil skull helms to form a dark mockery of imperial chaplains. Some of the torsoes could work for WB too. That's why chaos is such a fun force to collect there's a place for everything, everywhere.

Where are the tentacles on the warp talons?

Actually I think they do have some, or the organic 'skin pipes' on the claws and stuff which you see on all the new range additions.

Warp Talons with banding, stars, spikes, all good, and you could drop those NL helms on the Raptor kit with no issues whatsoever.

Time flows differently in the warp. Who's to say that a warband have only been in the eye for a century or two but 10,000 years have passed in the materium.

I've never seen anyone except ADB claim their Night Lords have not spent 10,000 years in the warp. It's the big reason everyone claims our troops should be better than their space marine counterparts.

Scribe, I don't think they mesh well with the current asthetics but I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I've never seen anyone except ADB claim their Night Lords have not spent 10,000 years in the warp. It's the big reason everyone claims our troops should be better than their space marine counterparts.

Scribe, I don't think they mesh well with the current asthetics but I guess we'll agree to disagree.

But the point still stands. It's been canon for a long time that time flows differently in the warp. Besides, I don't see many Iron Warriors looking particularly mutated.

I think those helms would fit nicely with a chaos warband

That's because the new super mutant models haven't been out long enough for most Iron Warriors to use the models and they'd rather keep their old stuff rather than spend alot to make their whole army look that way. That's the main reason all of my models don't look super mutated.

Archived